Grebe and Chick

Edit My Images
No
Hi

Took this a few months ago when I was on holiday in Norfolk. It was quite a miserable day so the picture is quite dark.

I think its a Grebe but not sure so if someone could ID please.

Any comments and improvements welcome.
Comments about the crop are welcome too.

Thanks

Bridie
(Aged 13)

grebe11.jpg

Yep, it's a great crested grebe with chick :)

Erm.. I would have liked to have had a little more space at the bottom to reveal the full reflection.

I think you brought out the detail well in the circumstances - it looked like a very dull overcast day.

Nice effort :)

Nice job in nasty lighting conditions, well done. I've never seen a greater creasted chick that sort of age before, It's mask is amazing!

Tara

Good capture in difficult lighting :)

We had one feeding it's babe, but it never came close enough for a decent shot.

When the mother moved on, the gulls would land on top of it each time it caught something, to make it drop it's catch.

It moved on too.

Yep, it's a great crested grebe with chick :)

Erm.. I would have liked to have had a little more space at the bottom to reveal the full reflection.

I think you brought out the detail well in the circumstances - it looked like a very dull overcast day.

Nice effort :)

:agree: better than the grebe shots I got when I was there - well done you.

In addition to Markta's crop suggestion you may want to try a tighter crop on the left and right - to me there is a bit too much dead space here - and with more space at the top and bottom

They are like inland cormorants and dive for food. When they are swimming underwater you can get closer but they can sense vibrations underwater so go quietly

Back