Grebe fishing

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
:( Most are out of focus as these were approaching 300mm all handheld..chasing him along muddy path..:D
Quite pleased though to catch one feeding

STU_4839.jpg

STU_4796.jpg

STU_4786.jpg

STU_4789.jpg

STU_4784.jpg

STU_4853.jpg

No responses to these......:eek:

Just seen them and I think you have captured a fantastic series of images here...........:clap:

Great sequence Stuart nicely caught :clap:

:shrug: Thanks mate much appreciated..like I said I know they are OOF but great to be able to get one feeding.Amazed at the size of fish they can take too.

Great sequence Stuart nicely caught :clap:

Cheers Chris..reckon the guy with the 600mm next to me must have some cracking shots..he was shooting for country file mag..lovely bloke just a shame he was a canon boy..:naughty:;)

The last one, IMO, is brilliant, I love the ouline of the bird and fish. Pick of the bunch for me..........(y)

Us mere mortals can`t get everything razorsharp all the time, but you can feel the action in this series mate.

The last one, IMO, is brilliant, I love the ouline of the bird and fish. Pick of the bunch for me..........(y)

Us mere mortals can`t get everything razorsharp all the time, but you can feel the action in this series mate.
(y) Cheers mate really appreciate your replies..I liked the last one too..heading off into the sunset with dinner.

He let me touch it though!:nuts:

Cheers Chris..reckon the guy with the 600mm next to me must have some cracking shots..he was shooting for country file mag..lovely bloke just a shame he was a canon boy..:naughty:;)

Oi U !!! pmsl !

Stu again mate superb , first time I have seen a feeding Grebe ( think its a Perch by the way ? )

Oi U !!! pmsl !

Stu again mate superb , first time I have seen a feeding Grebe ( think its a Perch by the way ? )

:D Cheers Pete,and yes a perch. They normally never come in close enough but this one dived quite close to the path so ran down and waited for him to come up with his prize

nice set mate well done..

:shrug: had you had a canon they may have been in focus:shrug:

(y)

md(y)

That's a cracking set, you're right about them not normally getting close enough for decent shots, especially when feeding. Well done :clap:

Great catch Stuart; both of ya (y)
Only ones I've managed to get with fish, have been tiddlers; not a hearty feast like the perch :LOL:

lovely set ,i bet that Perch wasnt to happy . thank you (y)
I bet he wasn't !

nice set mate well done..

:shrug: had you had a canon they may have been in focus:shrug:

(y)

md(y)
:razz::LOL: Cheers mate..

That's a cracking set, you're right about them not normally getting close enough for decent shots, especially when feeding. Well done :clap:
Yeah was a nice surprise even if I did balls them up lol

Great catch Stuart; both of ya (y)
Only ones I've managed to get with fish, have been tiddlers; not a hearty feast like the perch :LOL:

Cheers Keith these were at the reservoirs me and you visited that day

Had a feeling thats where you took them ;)
Gonna get down to College Lakes in January, when it re-opens (y)

Do you know why its shut mate?..saw loads of diggers in car park..wasn't shut last year???:|

They're giving it a 'makeover'.
Supposed to open January 1st (y)

Nice set there... I've watched loads of Grebes but never seen one with a fish before (even when I've spent hours watching them while fishing myself).

I think it must be either the stripes or the bright red fins that makes Perch so attractive - there quite boney so wouldn't be the first choice I'm sure.

Steve

:thinking:MMM they always seem to be giving it a makeover..can't help but think disturbing everthing every few months isn't good for the wildlife.:shrug:

Yea, true. But they're experts aint they? :cautious:

:LOL:

fantastic action series #4 is my fav perfect pose with the fish and water droplets too
Pete

great set, I would be well suited to get any like these (y)

Thanks all for the kind replies considering how OOF these are its really appreciated..(y)
Going to take my monopod next time see If I can get some sharper ones..

Lovely set there. Love seeing birds in their natural surroundings and catching the GCG fishing is outstanding(y)(y)

:) thanks mate..must admit was shocked to see it come up with that in its mouth!..lol

Back