Critique Green Bottle Fly

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys, took this shot about a month ago, finally got back onto my flickr account after losing the login info, so here he is. Far from perfect for sure, but let me know what you all think.

C&C very much welcomed.

Green bottle fly by K Stanley, on Flickr

Looks loads better on flickr and focus is good... f5.6 is probably letting you down a little on the sharpness, its very central composed I would crop a little more off RHS and top.

Are you using tubes or TC? or just cropping to get this close?

Looks loads better on flickr and focus is good... f5.6 is probably letting you down a little on the sharpness, its very central composed I would crop a little more off RHS and top.

Are you using tubes or TC? or just cropping to get this close?

This was just with a Tamron 70-300mm in macro mode, 1:2. I had the camera on shutter priority, in hindsight i should of gone lower. Normally i use a 50mm prime with extension tubes, but i was doing other things, and only had this lens on me at the time.

This was slightly cropped to get closer. I will see how it looks cropped a little more as you suggested, i sort of didn't realise it was so central :runaway: too much time spent looking at different aspects!

Thank you for your advice Tintin :)

The lens you have with you is the best lens to use :D

very very true! I wish i had my camera with me right now. I took some shots of a spider eating a wasp, still haven't uploaded them onto my pc. I feel lost without my camera :(

Cool rendition! …crisp and clean.

Not bad Kev, lighting from the sun is a little harsh but all in all not bad.

Not bad Kev, lighting from the sun is a little harsh but all in all not bad.

Thanks alby. Took some shots yesterday with extension tubes and some with a raynox 250, will be posting them up later on when i get around to PP them (y)

Back