Green Bottle

Name
Rog
Edit My Images
Yes
Another from the Garden, Green Bottle .Green Bottle.jpg

Hi Roger, welcome to TP and the macro section.
A nice try on here, colour looks good, a little out of focus, I think your focus is elsewhere on this shot.
Composition, its a bit tight at the top and left side.
If you have not already done so, read the 3 stickies at the top of the Macro section for help, they are very useful.
What is your camera and lens setup ?
Are you using a flash and if so what type ?

Hi , using the 650d on this one with the Nissin ring flash , at F22, I have pretty good vision , but can't see out of focus on the fly , are we talking the background on this one lens is the sigma 2.8/ 105

Hi , using the 650d on this one with the Nissin ring flash , at F22, I have pretty good vision , but can't see out of focus on the fly , are we talking the background on this one lens is the sigma 2.8/ 105
I think looking at the photo again it does look like its suffering lots of noise, that will ruin the quality of the shot.
With the composition, you can give more space but not too much as to make the subject too small.

Is this much of a crop? f/22 is likely to be quite soft. Combined with a large crop that could be problematic.

Don't get me wrong about f/22, I use f/22 and equivalent apertures most of the time for insects etc, but it can need some strongish processing to help reverse the softness somewhat. That won't work with a large crop - the image will fall apart and look bad. In this case I think I may be seeing halos, around the top and bottom edge of the left wing, along the top and bottom edge of the middle right leg and around the top edge of the left eye. These might be sharpening halos.

Be aware that very few people here use apertures that small. It doesn't mean you shouldn't (I do), but I think most people feel more comfortable with f/11 or thereabouts. As with angles of view and magnification, I suggest you try different apertures and see what you like the look of.

Ok thanks very much , I am getting some useful advice here

Back