Green Hairstreak

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
My first macro shot of the year, and the first using my new Canon 5D Mkiv. I bought this with the intention of using it mainly with my Canon 180mm f3.5L Macro lens, but this is the first opportunity I've had to try this combination. So far I'd just used it with the 100-400mm Mkii for some of my Adder photos. I have to say I'm very impressed with both the detail it resolves, and the colour rendition. File sizes are massive though!

Green Hairstreak (Callophrys rubi) by Dave O'B, on Flickr

Cheers,

Dave

Lovely shot and really nice detail, well worth the posting here.

I think it needs a square crop losing the area left of its perch well shot though.

My first macro shot of the year, and the first using my new Canon 5D Mkiv. I bought this with the intention of using it mainly with my Canon 180mm f3.5L Macro lens, but this is the first opportunity I've had to try this combination. So far I'd just used it with the 100-400mm Mkii for some of my Adder photos. I have to say I'm very impressed with both the detail it resolves, and the colour rendition. File sizes are massive though!

Green Hairstreak (Callophrys rubi) by Dave O'B, on Flickr

Cheers,

Dave
OMG. Where the f.... did you find that?
Awesome, I haven't seen one of these in the south for 40 years.
Wow! where was this?

OMG. Where the f.... did you find that?
Awesome, I haven't seen one of these in the south for 40 years.
Wow! where was this?

This was from the North York Moors NP, near Commondale. They're reasonably widespread up here, being found wherever Bilberry grows, but they generally occur in low numbers. They're my favourite butterfly, so it's always a treat to find them.

A little beauty I can't get over how small they are

Yes, for those not familiar with them, they're no bigger than a thumbnail!

Cheers,

Dave

Lovely shot of this little BF and its a nice fresh one too.

Back