Green Woodpecker - pic added

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken from my hotel window tonight :)

1d Mk3 600 F4L and 1.4TC handheld against window frame :)

Green_Woody.jpg

Green_Woody3.jpg

nice, shame you chopped off his feet!

dont you hate it when animals and kids wont listen to you! is he nseting nearby?

really like the angle on the 1st with the eye contact. Better if the pink object in LH was cropped out.

I agree, I would crop about 2.5" from the left hand side (just after the oof blob at the top) and about 3/4" from the right to give an upright (portrait image), this would lead the viewer in from the left up the curve and to the eye which would then be all but on a third.

This would give a very striking portrait shot.

Thats Ian's camera bag I'll have you know! :LOL:

:bonk:In view of that I am looking at the image in a new light - is the woodpecker not stuffed!

Tom

LOL thanks guys :)

The pinky thing is like a seed packet i think, its a garden its in, ill try that different crop as suggested above and get rid of that bit :)

Re anything else out of the window, its a golf course, so all i would have been looking at would be an empty tee just the other side of this green area and the garden.

Nice to see a greeny - but how low was your room.
Were you on cellar rates?

Nicely captured Ian (y) but as already said, its ashame about the feet

:D I'm beginning to think that Ian is really Dr Dolittle...The amount of highly sought after species he's capturing at the moment is making me as green as that Woodpecker!

:clap:Hats off to you again Ian.

:LOL: @ LL ... :D

Very nice Green fella Ian ... (y) ... lovely clear capture of a difficult to get but beautiful bird ... ;)

:p

like it
very sharp
lots of punch :clap:

Better, now try it even closer with a crop from both sides (lose the oof flower head) and a small crop from the bottom. Can't hurt to try!

These are great.

Particularly as they have just confirmed I did see one whilst on my hols. I hadn't realised they were so brightly coloured. I knew they were green but figured they would be quite a dark colour.

I only saw one and it had just taken off so all I got was a red and greeny yellow flash which would be right from the colouring on its back.

This is one bird i would love to get a nice photo of . Great shot . Be careful you can get arrested for waving 600mm primes out of hotel windows :LOL::LOL:

Have to agree the new crop is a big improvement, but what a great capture, well done (y)

Back