Greengo's TP52 2016 - Week 50 & 51 Added

Colin Hi, bang on the theme this week, personally I like the first due to the angle, this adds more to the theme. Good idea

Hi Colin. #2 is my fave - like the composition and bg. Spot on for the theme. :clap:

You almost sound apologetic but it fits the theme perfectly.

I much prefer the second photo, the colour's better and the angle makes for better viewing of the shoes.

Abandoned - both good for theme very clearly abandoned but I like the House best not sure why
Camouflage - I like the 1st more and think it works best for the theme as they are more hidden

So catch up time for me... I struggled with Dangerous so much so that I spent a whole week trying to figure out what to take... Didnt want a danger sign as I couldnt figure how to make it dramatic etc... then I chanced upon some barbed wire on a fence which looked dramatic and in pp I made it B&W to give it a more striking feel I hope... I suppose it would be "dangerous" to attempt to climb over... Here it is... Week 7 - DANGEROUS

Dangerous.jpg

Week 8 - Topical...
Strange theme... but a topic bar sprang to mind straight away and then someone else beat me to it... But not to be undone I threw my own spin on it with a simple capture... (shoehorned I believe some refer to it as hehe)

TOPICAL
Topical.jpg

Danger certainly looks dramatic with the B&W processing. Good use of shallow DoF to hide the background
Topical is on theme as far as I'm concerned. Actually you've given me an idea for a shoe horn. Hmmmmmmmm...

Hi Colin,

Dangerous - Yes barbed wire surely can be dangerous! It suits the theme very well.

Topical - Its a great idea, nice and simple but it works :)

Hi Colin.
Dangerous: A simple composition but spot on for the theme. Agree the b&w gives it a more dramatic feel - good choice.
Topical: Nobody can argue that it isn't on theme - it is literally THE theme. Nice bit of artwork too!

Danger(ous) - fits the theme, very dangerous stuff that b&w suits the image.

Topical - good idea, I am with Susie on the writing, I'd also like the bg to loose the slight red tinge it has. But I find it a good fun take on the theme.

Hi Colin - good shot for Dangerous. The mix of lots of barbed wire works well for the theme and is more effective for me than a single strand. Well composed, shot and processed for a very effective image.

Topical - amusing and well taken. More exposure for me and perhaps slightly softer lighting (bigger light source) to soften the shadows on the paper a bit.

Hi Colin

Dangerous - I like the way you've given the image depth and the gritty processing works well.

Topic(al) - This isn't a shoehorn, but... well I'm not sure what it is so congrats on coming up with a new category of shot. Made me laugh anyway.

OOH ... love the shallow DOF in Dangerous. Topic! I thought they'd stopped doing them. Well done for getting hold of one and putting that together.

Hi Colin,

Liking the barbed wire image for the dangerous theme, you could certainly catch your wot-nots climbing over that fence.

Topical, good image haha

Camo - prefer the first as the literal pattern and more camouflaged between the surrounding shoes - perhaps a tweak with the WB, but all good !

Danger - nicely taken and is dangerous and nasty stuff - good capture like the DOF and B&W rendition :)

Topical - ha ha i I had one almost exactly the same with a headline for the AL - scrapped it when I saw you had beaten me too it :D

I really like dangerous with the B&W and the small DoF.

Topical is not really for me, i think the writing is dristracting rather than an helpful addition to the image, but thats just me :)

Danger - works well in B/W
Topical - Fun take on the theme I like your thinking

Week 9 - The Living World
First off appologies for running behind again... sickness to a couple of family members took precedent over my "52" these last few weeks... Hopefully I'll stay on track from here on in...
The living world... what I wanted to achieve here in my image was something that was living... Opening a gate can lead you into & onto many things and sometimes what you find beyond the gate is in fact interesting & living. Outside my gate is a very busy road so I tried to capture the essence of a living world beyond the silence & calmness of a garden... if you look through the image you may see what I was trying to achieve... beyond the gate is the living world with its movement & hustle and bustle... I hope you like it...

Living World.jpg

Week 10 - Spiky
My first thought of an image was a hair brush but they arent spiky any more... they have wee buds on the end to protect you from the spikiness lol... So while I was in the garden I found this old rose bush with some very tantalising thorns which as we all know are very "spiky"...

Spiky.jpg

I know I dont go through everyones images and comment individually but I do view them... I throw in the odd like etc... I appreciate the time those of you have taken to comment on my images thus far and rest assured they do not go unnoticed as I always give a like if you do so...
Thanks...

HI Colin,
Spiky - I get where you were going with this, but with the bottom of the stem out of focus I don't think it works.
Perhaps if you had taken it from slightly lower, keeping the subject stem in the same focal plane throughout it would have worked better (imo... Usual caveats about me probably being utterly wrong apply)

Hi Colin. I like the thinking behind your Living World shot and good that you managed to capture a moving vehicle and a walker too. As for Spiky, it certainly fits the bill - maybe crop out the bity at the bottom .. say to the top of the bush. Nicely sharp and detailed.

Living World - different interpretation, but thanks for the narrative to clarify :) Like the stillness and calm in the garden and movement and bustle outside

Spiky - Im not too concerned about the OOF of the lower stem / thorns but agree it would have improved the image it it were with the BG being the blurred area for the DOF

Nice movement caught through the gate Colin and spikey is a good choice of subject, although the DoF could do with being a tad deeper for me, the bright green background is lovely and a row of pin sharp thorns against that would be excellent :)

Living world- I get what you've done.
Spiky - I agree would be better with the front stem more in focus.

Spiky, I would have liked to see it all in sharp focus too, but it fits the theme (y)

Catch up time again for me... Had to use my iphone to get "Artificial" and my inspiration came from a set of "artificial" teeth... so a fun take was them trying to bite into a freshly peeled carrot...

Artificial.jpg

I struggled to find inspiration for "Personal" for ages and then it fell onto my doormat literally... a letter that could only be opened by the person it was addressed to, namely me...

IMG_4080.jpg

I'll try and get an "Effort" shot in shortly... still thinking...

Two good submissions for the respective themes Colin. Like the fun content of the first - great detail in both carrot and teeth and the DoF in the other. Well done on the catch up.

2 nice takes on the themes some nice detail in the Artificial image and I like the simplicity of the Personal image

Artificial teeth ... cracks me up!

and the Private & Confidential is just perfect.

:D

Both excellent shots for the themes.
The teeth pic made me chuckle. They look like they have a life of their own!

Back