Greenwich Naval College HDR

Edit My Images
No
Not been out with the camera for ages, sun was out this evening so wandered down to Greenwich with my Canon and Sigma 10-20mm. I wanted to give the HDR Efex Pro software a try, so took a bracketed set under the colonnades during blue hour. First go with HDR Efex Pro, not to everyone's taste I know but I like it.

Old Naval College by nigelwilliams2001, on Flickr

Very cool composition and the HDR
doesn't stink. The halos though and
the unconvincing two zones WB…

The extra wide angle lens can sometimes really test the scene,verticals to me seem ok,what appears as a vapour trail extreme right maybe throws things slightly.
But still like it as mentioned the extra wide jobs can test your metal.
GEORGE.

I like that, very good indeed, not overdone IMO ;)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm reasonably happy with the verticals, I think the composition helps hide the issues caused by wide angle.... more luck than judgement on my part!

I did think about removing the contrail, there's a surprising amount of air traffic over south east London, ruined many good night shots.

I did think about removing the contrail, there's a surprising amount of air traffic over south east London, ruined many good night shots.
Yes - please get rid of it!
It would be more acceptable if it were complete, but since it's in the process of being formed it gives a sort of "unfinished" look.

Back