Grey Heron study

If they see a camera they wait until you put it away then catch a fish! :LOL:

But sometimes you can get lucky

I once stood for 45 mins to get this shot:

Last edited:
Thought I'd re-process the above pic with AI Gigapixel;

3785-1600 by Albert Hurwood, on Flickr
One upscaled I put it through Easy HDR 3 to bring out more details then finished in Serif PhotoPlus X3

Quite an improvement on the original edit.

Last edited:
Interesting editing technique which certainly works! I've tried resizing before and decided it was a bit of an improvement, and then wondered whether it was really worth the bother, even if I got the software free. Now you've given me the awkward problem of deciding whether the clearly rather good AI G'pixel would be worth the money. Now I come to think of it, I'd be interested in a camera body upgrade with enough extra MP to shoot images with that kind of IQ improvement...

- indeed it is! :)

Russ

Thanks Russ - after upscaling the original image would have been about 70MP.

But I cropped the area I wanted first then put it through AI Gigapixel then put it through Easy HDR 3 then edited it and reduced the size for Flickr.

Interesting editing technique which certainly works! I've tried resizing before and decided it was a bit of an improvement, and then wondered whether it was really worth the bother, even if I got the software free. Now you've given me the awkward problem of deciding whether the clearly rather good AI G'pixel would be worth the money. Now I come to think of it, I'd be interested in a camera body upgrade with enough extra MP to shoot images with that kind of IQ improvement...

Well I was definitely thinking of getting a 5D Mk IV from Panamoz at £1830 because I definitely prefer larger images to work on.

But now I can save a load of money and get this software and get huge images at no real cost (approx £90.00) compared to the cost of £1830.

And my 1D MkIII has very low noise even at 800 ISO and with good lenses virtually any camera is now a winner.

Even the 8MP images from my 350D can produce cracking images when upscaled to 30MP:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/20926615@N05/albums/72157700442514594.

Back