1. Dale.

Dale.

Name:
    Dale.
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Out on a kingfisher recce and no sign of it but just as I was about to leave after a 2 hour wait, this came up the river straight at me. It had spotted me by the time I'd reacted, so I just went with the settings I had as it turned to my right. Not a spray and pray as the camera was set for single shot.

tp.jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Cobra likes this.
  2. holty

holty

Edit My Images:
    No
    lovely shot Dale

3. Dale.

Dale.

Name:
    Dale.
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

Cheers.(y)

One from a few seconds before the first, a bit further away and cropped as much as I dare.

tp.jpg

Rustydon likes this.
  4. Leroy4bz

Leroy4bz

Name:
    Leroy
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Fine capture. I like Herons, just not circling over my pond

Rustydon likes this.
  5. Dale.

Dale.

Name:
    Dale.
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

Cheers Leroy. I've been after a heron shot for a while, there are a few about here. I'd been sitting on the riverbank waiting on a kingfisher which is apparently in the area, no sign of it yesterday though after short wait of about 2 hours. I'd looked at my watch and thought to myself 'I'll give it until quarter past five'. Quarter past five came and I decided to give it another 15 minutes. I was taking the camera off the tripod to pack up when this heron came along. If I hadn't have waited that extra time, I'd still be looking for a decent heron shot.:LOL:

On the pond thing, our neighbour has quite a large pond, and herons quite often visit it, even taking a decent koi a few years ago.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  6. Leroy4bz

Leroy4bz

Name:
    Leroy
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    [QUOTE="Dale., post: 8212938, member: 10575] I'd been sitting on the riverbank waiting on a kingfisher which is apparently in the area, no sign of it yesterday though after short wait of about 2 hours. .[/QUOTE]
    Patients is the key with wildlife, guess that’s why I’m not very good at it.

Dale. likes this.
  7. Dale.

Dale.

Name:
    Dale.
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Patients is the key with wildlife, guess that’s why I’m not very good at it.[/QUOTE]

I enjoy that part, I could sit in nature for hours and hours, quite often do.

edit, couldn't quote properly for some reason. :thinking:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018