Grumpy Cat

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Well she looks that way in this.

My Niece was wanting to get some photo's of her dog for Christmas. This was a practice photo photo/idea as my first thoughts was to have warm lights on a neutral background based on creams and white as the dog is whitish.

Gaz

All any crit is welcomed.

IMG_7553_mail.jpg

No crit on the lighting Gaz, but I wonder if you can get lower and get the Christmas tree lights further down the body of the cat (or dog!) rather than dissecting the head - more sparkly lights, less floor?
Chris

Hiya Chris.

Thanks for stopping by. I 100% agree It would have been better lower. I needed more room length :-( I'm pretty sure you will be aware that you need as much distance as possible between the subject and fairy lights for the best effect. Which in turn led to me being squished up against the wall sort of side wise on if you get my drift. Very frustrating.
When I tried this with the dog which is a bigger subject I just didn't have the room. So in the end we ended up just taking headshots. Which was a shame for me as I liked the floor. My Niece was well happy though.

Gaz

Yes Gary been there myself / was you s @ 50mm? You did well with the available space mate

Thanks Chris. I used my 85mm prime 1.8 as I like the bokeh on it best. I do have the 50mm prime 1.8 too. I maybe should have gone with that. Mind you it's all a learning curve.

Gaz

Back