Guillemot in flight

Edit My Images
Yes
These birds really flit by at speed, hit rate isn't massive but very satisfying when you do get it right.

D500, Sigma 150-600c

1/2000th, f8, ISO 400 @600mm

All C&C welcome, thanks for looking

Guillemot in flight by Phil D, on Flickr

I have yet to see anyone else capture these inflight as you have , absolutely top class mate .

This looks perfect to me. Well done.

Thanks

Nailed that Phil!

Cheers Dale

Lovely focus on the eye, well done, :)

Thanks Roger

Stunning image.

Thanks Peter

Beautiful.

And thanks Peter :)

I have yet to see anyone else capture these inflight as you have , absolutely top class mate .

Ay up Mark, thanks for the comments, didn't realise you'd join up here, hows things mate?

Bought another camper since we last spoke on Flickr so managed a couple of trips back to Flamborough, how was your week earlier in summer?

Love guillemots. Love all the auks. It's when you see a 'still' like this that you realise that graceful flyers they are not.........
You nailed that one :)

Thanks Jan, have to agree, for birds that spend most of thier life flying, some of the poses captured can make them look very awkward in flight!

Brilliant capture - I love it

Les :)

Cheers Les

Last edited:
Lepus said:

Ay up Mark, thanks for the comments, didn't realise you'd join up here, hows things mate?

Bought another camper since we last spoke on Flickr so managed a couple of trips back to Flamborough, how was your week earlier in summer?

It`s hard for it not to be good on that coast . Lack of Owls for me this year though .

Back