Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Despite only being 50 minutes down the road I've never been to Gurston Down until today, I've been missing out! The friendliest most accessible venue I've ever been to, despite cold/windy/damp weather it was my best day out for years...

Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb by Harry_S, on Flickr

A bunch more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/harry_s/

I do love a hillclimb.
The ferrari shot is nice, just enough sharp on the front to make it work. Love the burn out shot, always great to watch those at a hillclimb. 5 is nice, but my eye is drawn by the dark figure a bit. Nice detail on that shot though.
Love the last one, just looks like a great day out.
I've not been to Gurston, but your set definitely makes me think it warrants a visit.
Matty

Love 5. It's a pity, from an image point, that the drivers have to wear modern helmets.

I do love a hillclimb.
The ferrari shot is nice, just enough sharp on the front to make it work. Love the burn out shot, always great to watch those at a hillclimb. 5 is nice, but my eye is drawn by the dark figure a bit. Nice detail on that shot though.
Love the last one, just looks like a great day out.
I've not been to Gurston, but your set definitely makes me think it warrants a visit.
Matty

Thanks for the comments, definitely worth a visit, unlike anywhere I've been. The paddock is the farm yard, spectators have great access to the start area and it's a lovely walk up the hill. I didn't notice anyone signed on, I don't think it would be worth it from a positioning point of view, no fences or anything.

Looks like a great venue, I must visit ... 1st and last for me :)

Very nice pics and like number 2 and 5.
Gurston is a great place to go, missed the june event but hope to go to the july meeting.
I have a few Gurston pics on my flickr page and on the forum.

Thanks, I went to Prescott at the weekend but didn't find it as enjoyable photographically. More restrictions on access (relatively speaking!) and was a bit too 'polished' for my liking, I love the seemingly home built nature of Gurston.

Back