H M Coastguard

Edit My Images
No
Colours look a little flat - any suggestions?

HMCG_1.jpg

HMCG_2.jpg

Increase the blacks ... or simulate some HDR :)

HMCG_2.jpg

Thanks Roger, but my originals seem to have a "hazy" look, (worsened on here)....... isn't there a slider in the latest LR CC that gets rid of it?

Just remind me Roger ... were is ACR? ... I must have the software somewhere

Just remind me Roger ... were is ACR? ... I must have the software somewhere

It's Adobe Camera Raw, you must have it for Lightroom, it comes up automatically for me when I load an image into Photoshop ... I'm not sure how to access it independently in Lightroom.

In LR, in the Effects section in the Develop module, Dehaze is at the bottom.

In LR, in the Effects section in the Develop module, Dehaze is at the bottom.

Thanks Marc

I have the stand alone LR6.3 ...... is the Dehaze only in the CC version?

I'll check if I have the latest version of LR6

I have the stand alone LR6.3 ...... is the Dehaze only in the CC version?

I think that was the case when LR6 first came out but not sure if i still is.

Edit: Definitive answer from Byker. (y)

Much better, with the de-haze,Bill. I'll bear this in mind when I get LR6 for the new iMac…possibly out in October.

Btw. If you get another chance at a helicopter photo 1/200 sec. will (should) give you motion blur on the rotors.

Much better, with the de-haze,Bill. I'll bear this in mind when I get LR6 for the new iMac…possibly out in October.

Btw. If you get another chance at a helicopter photo 1/200 sec. will (should) give you motion blur on the rotors.

Thanks John ....... Birds are usually my subject ....... so 1/2000th sec would be appropriate for BIF's ...... but I'll give 1/200th a try next time I get a chance from the Cross Channel Ferry

By the way the dehaze for stand alone LR6 is a set of three groups of pre sets - each with presets between -100 and +100 in increments of 10 - you download them and add them to the "develop" presets in LR and they appear in the LHS column

Great shot, Bill. Nice to see 104 doing her job. Hopefully that was a practice winching with no casualties involved.

Out of interest did you contribute to the cost of the dehaze presets?

Great shot, Bill. Nice to see 104 doing her job. Hopefully that was a practice winching with no casualties involved.

Out of interest did you contribute to the cost of the dehaze presets?

No - I just used 0$ as they indicated, typed 0$ in the box - it said that they were free - seems to be a freebie to get you on their product mailing lists

Last edited:
Thanks John ....... Birds are usually my subject ....... so 1/2000th sec would be appropriate for BIF's ...... but I'll give 1/200th a try next time I get a chance from the Cross Channel Ferry

By the way the dehaze for stand alone LR6 is a set of three groups of pre sets - each with presets between -100 and +100 in increments of 10 - you download them and add them to the "develop" presets in LR and they appear in the LHS column

Cheers,Bill. I've made a note of that.

You say you always use 1/2000th for birds flying...try slower and introduce some blur, not too much, just a bit on the wingtips and streaks in the background. I much prefer to see some 'life' in pictures rather than 'stopped in time' - there are loads of those and they are easier to get!

Back