Hadrons 52 for 21 Week 52 - Showcase (Done and dusted)

Film
It looks pretty good to me. I didn't understand what was going on in the bottom left, until I read some of the comments.

Half
The thing is, the highlights look natural, because that's how it looks in the real world. I think You've done a good job with the exposure.

Really like this. Most impressed that it's a selfie. The lighting is excellent - enough spilling out into the background to add interest but not distraction.

Half
Given your description of how you achieved it, the image is very well balanced. A voice activated timer would have been handy!!

The exposure is bang on. Looks like an interesting workshop you have there.

Week 9 - Reflection... Firstly I'd like to apologise for being somewhat remiss as regards to commenting and replying on this and other threads. The last few weeks have been absolutely manic at work which combined with home schooling has left me a bit pressed time wise. Back in 2018 (?) it was about this time of year I gave up so I'm planning on trying to push through and keep up with the themes and I promise I'll try and catch up with comments as things calm down a bit (now schools are back its hopefully going to take the heat off a bit). Back to the case in point this is a bit of a grab shot but I'll run with it, a reflected sunset via a rain speckled car window :)

Reflection by James, on Flickr

That works really well, the rain specks add to it and the framing works well too, nice job.

I really like this... agreed the framing top and bottom really works. Well spotted.

Reflection
I like that, it's a good sunset, with nice pastel shades of orange and blue. The water drops add a bit of dynamics.

Really like this one. The rain drops set the scene nicely and the colours are beautiful.

Very nice, I like the colours and the framing top and bottom.
That works really well, the rain specks add to it and the framing works well too, nice job.
I really like this... agreed the framing top and bottom really works. Well spotted.
That's very effective. With the horizontalness of the trees. (y)
Reflection
I like that, it's a good sunset, with nice pastel shades of orange and blue. The water drops add a bit of dynamics.
Lovely colours in your reflection. Very nice! Well spotted.
Really like this one. The rain drops set the scene nicely and the colours are beautiful.

Thanks for looking guys your input is greatly appreciated :)

Week 10 Rough + Tech Low Key.
This weeks effort is simply a rough shot of my rough looking belt sander with a rough belt on taken in the dark :)

Rough by James, on Flickr

Well that certainly works for the theme and technique.

I think I might have cropped off the bottom of the image.

Agree with the crop.

Looks like a 4

An interesting shot and lit well :)

The rough themed photo looks good in black and white, i am intrigued to see the missing bottom half of the shot to see the rest of the machine.

Nice low key image - the empty space on the left makes a great composition.

Rough
Love the light and the contrasty black & white. I'm not too sure about the composition, I think either go tighter or wider.

Week 11 - Smooth

A nice smooth single malt (yes I know the connoisseurs amongst you will spot the poor choice of nectar but its what I had to hand). This shot was taken using the highly complex and technical method of planting the props on a chopping board outside in the garden at night and turning the extension lights on in the hopes of it providing a softish directional light source. If I find the time I do have another slightly more ambitious shot in mind that I mind swap this for but I'm posting this one for now because the main reason for signing up for the 52 was to have a target to aim for and to keep me in the game this year.
Thanks for looking. James :)

Smooth single malt by James, on Flickr

Brilliant. Just goes to show what you can do with no lighting and a bit of ingenuity. Works really well and I'd never have guessed you'd gone outside into the cold to do this. How ever did you warm up afterwards?

Superb, I like the contrast between the green colour of the bottle and contents of the glass

Brilliant. Just goes to show what you can do with no lighting and a bit of ingenuity. Works really well and I'd never have guessed you'd gone outside into the cold to do this. How ever did you warm up afterwards?
Superb, I like the contrast between the green colour of the bottle and contents of the glass

Thanks both for the comments, I must say that it was an enjoyable one to create although my head feels anything but smooth this morningo_O:)

That all works rather well, dare I say, smoothly done?

:D

Connoisseur head on - yes there are better choices but if it's yours and you like it it's all good :)

Looks like much more lighting work has gone into your shot than the reality. Works really well and I love the added texture of the board. Very clever.

Great experimental lighting going on there. I'd say you nailed it using just what you had available.
Using the outside at night has worked really well to give you the black background and the subjects are well lit.
:clap:

Rough
I really like the shapes created by the belt sander, i can definetely see a 4 design. Works with the technique well

Smooth
Whisky was something that came to mind when I thought of smooth too. Great use for the lighting, photographers can cetainly be inventive where required.

Smooth
The green against the black looks good and I really like the chopping board.

Alive
A nice pair of Daisy flowers and you've even got a flea beetle in the shot, so a double alive.

Back