Hadrons 52 for 21 Week 52 - Showcase (Done and dusted)

Edit My Images
No
Week 0's attempt, Nearby. We unearthed this whilst clearing the garden when we first moved in to this house so its fairly nearby. It makes quite a nice, if somewhat macabre, feature i suppose :)

Shelly Cat by James, on Flickr

That's an interesting feature, nicely captured (y)

Interesting garden 'feature', could make a good game for visiting childen to find the grave :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nice image, would also look good in sepia I reckon.

An unusual feature indeed, I like the purple tones of the leaves.

Nicely shot.... and RIP Shelley Cat :(

Definitely an unusual thing to find. Must have been very well loved to go to the effort of etching the name in stone! Nice take.

Thanks chaps, as for the reflections it’s simply stood on a wet roofing slate :)

Clever take on the theme and well shot :)

Fruit
Not something you see everyday. It's nicely exposed and a good strong reflection.

That's certainly not something you come across on a day to day basis :D
Well thought out

I really really like this. Amusing, fun, on theme, creative... Thumbsup from me :)

There are some really imaginative shots coming through.. well thought out and nicely executed.

I like your ladybug / avocado / slate very much! It is well executed, and the little reflections from the water on the slate work nicely with the composition.

Week 02 Dirty ... I took this at work and hopefully it semi fits the brief. I’m not entirely happy with it but to be fair I probably didn’t make life easy for myself. Firstly it wasn’t the ideal location but given the current situation I think it would be a bit of a push to claim it was reasonable to drive elsewhere. Secondly it’s also a self portrait and setting the 10s self timer, legging it to the truck and then giving it a boot full made getting the timing right ermm.... interesting :ROFLMAO:

_DSC1165 by James, on Flickr

View: https://flic.kr/p/2ktqYUr

Last edited:
Looks like a nice take on the theme. Personally I'd much rather see it a decent size here rather than having to click through a small pic.

Looks like a nice take on the theme. Personally I'd much rather see it a decent size here rather than having to click through a small pic.

Ahh! Slight technical hitch:rolleyes: Is that better (I was trying to be clever and do it on my phone, never works:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: )
Thanks for pointing it out (y):ty:

I like the exposure and the composition of the shot Hadron but for me, because we can't see any movement in the wheels, it seems like the car is standing still and dirt is just being thrown at it.

Maybe it would look better with a radial blur from Photoshop applied to the tires?

I like the exposure and the composition of the shot Hadron but for me, because we can't see any movement in the wheels, it seems like the car is standing still and dirt is just being thrown at it.

Maybe it would look better with a radial blur from Photoshop applied to the tires?

Thanks for the feedback, I know exactly what you mean about the lack of “movement” in the shot and quite agree, it’s one of the many aspects I’m not too happy with. I took the decision to go with a high shutter speed as obviously I couldn’t pan and wanted the truck to be sharp. I may very well try your suggestion of some photoshop magic and see if it helps.
Thanks again for taking the time :)

Having read your description, there was no way to do a pan, so actually I do feel the movement. It's the mud flying up, which is just about enough to show that the truck is moving. I think it's nicely done given the constraints you had. Very impressive to have the truck in the right place for the image to be taken for a start !!!

Having read your description, there was no way to do a pan, so actually I do feel the movement. It's the mud flying up, which is just about enough to show that the truck is moving. I think it's nicely done given the constraints you had. Very impressive to have the truck in the right place for the image to be taken for a start !!!

Thanks for your comments, believe me I had a LOT of shots just the tail lights before this one:LOL:

Love how you look like you're trying to escape the camera instead of the "has it taken the shot yet?" look :)

The tyres and the dirt flinging through the air work really well and it's an unusual take on the theme. 10/10 for effort and original thinking!

I think given the technical challenges you faced, you did really well. I suspect @Darkslinger had the answer with a bit of introduced radial blur.

Back