Hadrons 52 for 21 Week 52 - Showcase (Done and dusted)

Fab image James. Works in every way.
it feels like we've only just started
I lol'd at this... I'm dragging myself to the finish line :)

Week 49 - Still life.

I really can't believe we're all the way up to week 49 already, it feels like we've only just started :LOL:
This is my seasonal take on still life, I have actually had to focus stack this in order to get the subject sharp whilst using a wide enough aperture to get the bokeh from the tree lights so i suppose technically I could argue it's a composite. I think that would probably be a shoehorne too far to count as using to complete the technique part of the challenge tough :ROFLMAO:

Still Life by James, on Flickr

fits my personal criteria for a Still Life thats for sure - and, in all honesty some of my best still life shots have been stacked and or composited...

For a still-life, IMO it's creating an image, that tells a story, and storytelling often requires a little artistic licence to get the image that's in the minds eye, out onto the computer screen...

I like the still life image, the colours are really nice in the little scene and the background works well.

Pete

Week 50 - Miniscule

I've had a bit of an issue health wise this last week so this is a bit of a filler to keep me in the game :)
A miniscule power source next to its big brother :)

_DSC0112 by James, on Flickr

Nice. I like how the colours of the backdrop play on the shiny surfaces of the batteries.

Hope all is good with you healthwise.

Nice. I like how the colours of the backdrop play on the shiny surfaces of the batteries.

Hope all is good with you healthwise.
Thanks for input. Alls good now, I had a problem with a medical implant but all sorted now which is a nice early Christmas present :banana:

Nicely shot - I toyed with something similar with a line of batteries going from AA down, but couldn't get the right angle or composition so ditched the idea. I'll store the this idea away for another time.

Great idea although I find the background a tad overpowering. Glad you health has improved.

Not poor at all. The reindeer was surprised you found him behind the tree.
Good composite.

Double seasonal! Made me smile today anyway :)

haha, very clever composite and fits the theme perfectly. Made me smile - great job

Must be a good tech as I didn't notice him when I first looked. Should've gone to specsavers :coat:

Not poor at all. The reindeer was surprised you found him behind the tree.
Good composite.

Double seasonal! Made me smile today anyway :)

I like it! On theme and the reindeer is perfect

haha, very clever composite and fits the theme perfectly. Made me smile - great job

I don't think it is a poor attempt at all - very good, and humorous.

Must be a good tech as I didn't notice him when I first looked. Should've gone to specsavers :coat:

Thanks all for the kind words, I wasn't happy at all with the way the composite came together but I think a lot of that was due to it being something that is out of my comfort zone but then I guess that's kind of the point of the 52, to push us along a little :)

Week 52 - Showcase (Done and dusted)

This isn't my best image of the year but it's one that sticks in my head and I vividly remember taking. For some reason I seem to have managed to walk in to the role of the "Mr Fixit" of the extended family and on this occasion I had been summonsed to replace a switch on the mother in laws range cooker. After an hour or so in the dragons lair, so to speak, I was ready for some chill time when a storm came through so I nipped up the road and got this shot. Many thanks to all involved in the running of the 52 and to those who have commented over the last year, I've had a really tough couple of years even without the Covid menace and it's been good to have something to motivate me to get out with the camera. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to invest in replying and commenting in return so I think now I've completed this year I'll bow out.

Showcase by James, on Flickr

A lovely calm serene image to finish on, and well done for making it through the year.

Nice pano kind of image the road leads nicely to the house, which is placed really well, and the storm is clearly visible passing through. Well done for getting to the end and best wishes for 2022.

Nice scene in your final shot, sorry you will not be carrying on next year, you always produced interesting images.

Nice pano and shot of the storm - I have storm/rainshower image that I'm toying with for my showcase as well...

Great sky capture to end with... and well done on getting through in a difficult year.

Sorry you are not doing 2022 but well done for completing 2021.

Back