Hadrons 52 for 21 Week 52 - Showcase (Done and dusted)

Lens wipe please! :ROFLMAO:

That looks great, I can't think of anything I'd want to change.

I take it the car was dirty afterwards, you did well to do all that within 10secs. There is enough mud in the air to understand what is going on.

Pete

Dirty
That's what the 52 is about, pushing yourself and trying things out.
So ok the wheels look stationery, but you knew that and you were hamper by being on your own.
Good job overall.

That's a great picture - especially given how you took it. Nicely set up and taken (I can imagine the tail light shots as well - no out-takes?!)

The motion is there for me - a smidgen more blur would really make it pop, but I can't quite see how you'd manage that solo...

Thanks for the feedback. I have had a very quick play at adding some blur to the image. This is just a very quick edit so it’s literally a little rough around the edges masking wise but I thought I’d stick it up anyway

_DSC1165 - Copy by James, on Flickr

Definitely on theme, and how tricky to get the shot!

I really like the low down angle and moody sky setting the backdrop. The sky almost has leading lines to the car.

Well done!

Clever Idea and well done for getting the shot, a frozen moment in time with the dirt hanging in the air

Week 3 - Rock/Stone plus technique Fill the frame.
This leapt to mind for this weeks theme. It's a carved stone grotesque that was ploughed up in a local field a few years ago and was an obvious contender for the technique as well.

Stone Grotesque by James, on Flickr

Stone
Grotesque, but also not. The light has created some good shadows and brought the textures out.

I love a good grotesque but they're usually too high up to get any detail. I like the way you've filled the frame and used the light to bring out the texture.

really nice textures in your Stone image. What a fantastic carving, so full of character. Great for the theme and the tech, nice job.

Lots of texture from the weathering and as is often the case it looks better on flicker

Thanks for the input everyone, much appreciated. As regards to @LC2 remark about the lighting I’d probably be inclined to agree and to be fair it’s probably just laziness on my part. I could actually have turned the thing slightly to get the light at a better angle (it’s free standing rather than attached to anything) so I might reshoot it to try and bring a bit more eye detail out :)
Thanks again. James :)

Ticks both boxes for me. Like the picture, but I would have liked to see it "not filling the frame". I think it would benefit from a bit of surrounding.

Yes, ticks all the boxes. A great subject and back story, you've captured the detail well. I would be tempted to bring the highlights down a little, overall the image appears a little bright for my taste.
Still a wonderful image/subject. Good work

Lovely subject - but I'm not sure about the lighting either. A really low morning / evening light might really bring out the lovely textures?

Thanks guys, the comments about the light are making me think more and more it’ll be worth a reshoot sometime :)

It's in pretty good condition considering it was ploughed up! I would agree about the lighting but a nice shot that fits the theme.

Week - 4 Tall. Living in rural Lincolnshire tall things are at a bit of a premium and whilst there are a few candidates I had in mind they aren't really lockdown appropriate. This is about the tallest thing in walking distance so it'll have to do (I seem to remember the acronym PABD :) ).

Tall by James, on Flickr

Nice light, nice processing, good strong subject of interest.

Works for me, it's taller than you so that good enough.

I like the processing and there is plenty of detail in the wood.

Pete

You've grabbed something really cool from something really ordinary there!
The composition works really well, and that fade in the sky from left to right is beautiful.

Tall
I like the composition. It would be nice to see a bit more of the cables/word on the right-hand side, them seem to fade away into the background, I'm looking on my phone so that my be why.
Nicely processed and the light looks good too.

The light looks good, you definitely captured the best side. I like the power lines partially dissapearing

That works fine for me. You've made something we walk past and ignore be a focus of interest in the composition and pov.

Surely you can see the Cathedral from all of Lincolnshire?! [emoji848]

Nice strong composition - the treatment you've given it suits it!

Week 5 - Snappers choice.
This is a shot I've been meaning to do ever since my wife gave me this kit as a Christmas present (does giving me Playmobile mean she's trying to tell me something?). Snappers choice seemed the obvious opportunity to finally get something done about it. You'll have to forgive me for it being a little rough around the edges but it's my first attempt at this kind of thing. On that note may I introduce Marty Mcfly :)

1985 by James, on Flickr

Works for me, it's taller than you so that good enough.

I like the processing and there is plenty of detail in the wood.

Pete
I don't see that as a pabd. It works well, especially with the processing and the way the wires disappear into the darkness and distance.
I really like this, love the lightning, you’ve made something quite ordinary into an eye catching shot.
You've grabbed something really cool from something really ordinary there!
The composition works really well, and that fade in the sky from left to right is beautiful.
Tall
I like the composition. It would be nice to see a bit more of the cables/word on the right-hand side, them seem to fade away into the background, I'm looking on my phone so that my be why.
Nicely processed and the light looks good too.
The light looks good, you definitely captured the best side. I like the power lines partially dissapearing
That works fine for me. You've made something we walk past and ignore be a focus of interest in the composition and pov.
Surely you can see the Cathedral from all of Lincolnshire?! [emoji848]

Nice strong composition - the treatment you've given it suits it!

Thanks all for your comments and crit, I’m afraid I haven’t been doing very well as far as keeping up with things so apologies for the poor response but it is greatly appreciated.
Thanks again. James and I’ll try harder in future :)

Back