Hair and Beauty competition

That was a great chance to shoot their superb work!

The lady actually came second but only because she failed to follow the brief as set down by the judges.

I do like the colours and detail in the images but feel they are let down by a couple of issues.
The top one I'd like to see both eyes in focus, as with the crop you've made these are the dominant point of interest.
The bottom one, I find the clipped elbow and hand distracting. Sorry Brian!

I do like the colours and detail in the images but feel they are let down by a couple of issues.
The top one I'd like to see both eyes in focus, as with the crop you've made these are the dominant point of interest.
The bottom one, I find the clipped elbow and hand distracting. Sorry Brian!

As the title say's, they were behind the scenes shots; The cropped elbow is because of the MUA being in the original and the out of focus eye because I focused on the nearest eye and at 1.8. I was behind a cordoned off area and no one was allowed to enter the competition area or the MUA would be disqualified.
All taken on my Nikon 85mm D lens which I've never used before, I think I might consider it more often, no flash, 800 ISO.

As the title say's, they were behind the scenes shots; The cropped elbow is because of the MUA being in the original and the out of focus eye because I focused on the nearest eye and at 1.8. I was behind a cordoned off area and no one was allowed to enter the competition area or the MUA would be disqualified.
All taken on my Nikon 85mm D lens which I've never used before, I think I might consider it more often, no flash, 800 ISO.

Fair enough Brian, I'm not sure what else the viewer can say when you've put them up for comments and critique without all the explanation above!

Yes, I should have put them in the general section, perhaps the mods can move the the thread?

Back