Critique Hallgrímskirkja

Edit My Images
Yes
Hallgrímskirkja in Reykjavik

Hallgrimkirkja.jpg

Well, that's different! But very intriguing! I like it a lot! It reminds me of being inside the chest cavity of a whale skeleton (not that I've ever been inside one!)

Another agreement here for the organ being the right road up, but fascinating nonetheless.

An interesting perspective on something that is shot a lot! think I have some ceiling shots but nothing with a very wide lens. I think I like the organ in it, altho maybe the other way up

Thanks for all the positive responses! Even though I like the photo myself, I never really know what to expect. The photo is shot using my Nikon D7000 and Samyang 8mm fish-eye. 1/60s @ f/5.6.

I hadn't thought of rotating it, but here it is:

Hallgrimskirkja_rotated.jpg

better rotated, was straining my neck with which way to look. Definitely unusual, well captured though

It's better that way but needs very very slightly rotating counter clockwise as the line through the centre goes off to the right towards the top of the image.

It's better that way but needs very very slightly rotating counter clockwise as the line through the centre goes off to the right towards the top of the image.

Thanks, I did rotate it to the best of my ability. Holding the edge of my file browser window up against the middle ceiling line it looks quite straight to me.

The blue line is a vertical line through the centre at the bottom, the red shows the centre of your photo...as I say, only very very slightly ;)

Attachments

• Hallgrimskirkja_rotated.jpg
    Hallgrimskirkja_rotated.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 14

I thought it looks like the inner structure of a drakkar!
…even more in vertical! ;-)

I thought it looks like the inner structure of a drakkar!
…even more in vertical! ;-)
I see what you mean.

Just started the third series of Vikings :)

It's very cool, although my brain was struggling comprehend it .. It's hard to get your bearings on first sight!

For me it was a lot easier to process rotated, and made the image even more appealing. Seems more balanced, maybe because of the symmetry.

Lovely photo like it both ways, I am going there myself at the start of Feb on a three night break you have given me some inspiration thanks!

Back