Halloween Portraits

Very good shots. :)

Another great set, really like the way you have the lighting setup.

Another great set, really like the way you have the lighting setup.

Thanks, two strobes - gridded for background and gridded beauty dish for key. In a small space of the lounge where there's a blank area of wall.

Few things bother me about the last image chap... there seems to be a couple of stray hairs that could do with being removed, one on her mask, one on her cardigan by her plait, and one just below her left breast.
Last thing is I think its a feather on the mask on the left of the image, but there's not enough light on it to make it obvious so I can only kinda see the end which seems a bit disjointed.
There's a weird blob near the mimes hand...

Now, please don't think I'm saying they're not brilliant shots, they really are, just a couple of minor things that bugged me.
If I was producing images of this quality I'd be very very happy.

Few things bother me about the last image chap... there seems to be a couple of stray hairs that could do with being removed, one on her mask, one on her cardigan by her plait, and one just below her left breast.
Last thing is I think its a feather on the mask on the left of the image, but there's not enough light on it to make it obvious so I can only kinda see the end which seems a bit disjointed.
There's a weird blob near the mimes hand...

Now, please don't think I'm saying they're not brilliant shots, they really are, just a couple of minor things that bugged me.
If I was producing images of this quality I'd be very very happy.

Thanks for giving your feedback. The shots were very in and out whilst every one and I were drinking at our party and then processed quickly there and then for Facebook whilst also drinking :) so yes perhaps I could have taken some time over them, but on the whole thought they were coming out well.

Yea the blob was probably some kind of light flare, don't know.

Last edited:
Thanks for giving your feedback. The shots were very in and out whilst every one and I were drinking at our party and then processed quickly there and then for Facebook whilst also drinking :) so yes perhaps I could have taken some time over them, but on the whole thought they were coming out well.

In that case you've done an even better job, considering these are a quick process.

Yea the blob was probably some kind of light flare, don't know.

Gotta be, I think its the shape of an aperture lol

Great set of shots - and a great set of guests for putting in the effort with the dressing up!

I like the first one the most, nice and crisp.

Back