Halloween pumpkin

Lovely! The second is particularly engaging.

It could be my monitor but the white balance looks a little off in all of them, especially the last. The skin looks slightly blue. It's possible that auto WB has been confused by the amount of orange in the scene.

Yes I think you're right, my auto WB never seems to work well. I adjusted the WB in the first two when I imported the raw file to photoshop but forgot to do the last one. I edit on a small laptop and I'm not very good at spotting WB and colour cast issues to be honest!

Yes I think you're right, my auto WB never seems to work well. I adjusted the WB in the first two when I imported the raw file to photoshop but forgot to do the last one. I edit on a small laptop and I'm not very good at spotting WB and colour cast issues to be honest!

I sometimes use the info window and look at the R:G:B proportions of skin tones to check.

I sometimes use the info window and look at the R:G:B proportions of skin tones to check.
Thank you! I'll look that and and see how to do that! I'm quite new to photoshop so have a lot to learn.

Lovely set- sharp as a sharp thing that's just been sharpened too :)

Les

Little honey isn't she :)

Lovely! The second is particularly engaging.

It could be my monitor but the white balance looks a little off in all of them, especially the last. The skin looks slightly blue. It's possible that auto WB has been confused by the amount of orange in the scene.
This^
Gorgeous, just sort the WB and they'll be good for printing big.

If you're using flash, just set the WB accordingly, there's no need to mess with it then.

This^
Gorgeous, just sort the WB and they'll be good for printing big.

If you're using flash, just set the WB accordingly, there's no need to mess with it then.

Thanks for the advice. I'm using a lencarta studio flash for these so just need to remember to set the WB.

Thanks for the advice. I'm using a lencarta studio flash for these so just need to remember to set the WB.
You can set it on import, but for studio shots like this you can shoot JPEG because the camera settings should be very consistent.

You can set it on import, but for studio shots like this you can shoot JPEG because the camera settings should be very consistent.

Thank you so much. I don't know why I didn't know this before but I've just taken a few more today and it's made a huge difference. The difference between where I thought the WB should be and where it actually should be is staggering! I've also had a quick play with some of my older shots and that's made such a big improvement too!

Back