Hamerton Cat Selection Box

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
We arrived at Hamerton on Sunday in some kind of typhoon but I am so glad we hung around for the sun to put his hat on. Lovely day - and we managed to see all the cats including the Oncilla, Rusty spotted, and Jaguarundi. Successful day all round! Struggled with my lens dying during the day (I think the focus motor is well and truly on the way out), foggy wet glass and some dodgy fences - but got a couple I am quite pleased with. A selection of cats - C&C welcome:

1. Malayan tiger - Sahaja (I have a bit of a crush on her!)
DSC_5446 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

2. I think this is Shiva
DSC_5336 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

3. Not the best photo - but it's an Oncilla!
DSC_5372 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

4. Lovely cheetah
DSC_5385 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

5. Canadian Lynx
DSC_5562 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

6. Deeply annoying fence in the background - but baby canadian lynx are DELIGHTFUL.
DSC_5550 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Only seen a malayan tiger once before at the Rare Species place, they really do look evil, even if stunning.
Lovely set Fi (y)

Only seen a malayan tiger once before at the Rare Species place, they really do look evil, even if stunning.
Lovely set Fi (y)
It might be Sahaja that you saw, as that is where the pair came from, I think she did swap with the previous female shortly before the closure.

You were really lucky getting to see them all, pleased for you :) I've had no real luck with the Malayans yet on my brief visits since their enclosure opened, but you definitely caught her menacing beauty there.

I love a Cheetah me....

Top tiger has beautifull markings, but I love the pose of the snow Tiger.

Thanks Mark - I love a cheetah too. They do an experience at Hamerton where you can meet one of the hand reared cheetahs. Massively expensive - but I'm sure it would be amazing.

Lovely set Fi (y)

Thanks Ingrid - we saw the pair at rare species too. I don't think it was the same female at the time but I could be wrong. I think they are gorgeous - and the male at Hamerton is HUGE compared to the female.

It might be Sahaja that you saw, as that is where the pair came from, I think she did swap with the previous female shortly before the closure.

You were really lucky getting to see them all, pleased for you :) I've had no real luck with the Malayans yet on my brief visits since their enclosure opened, but you definitely caught her menacing beauty there.

Thanks Nick - we are on a bit of a mission to see as many cats as we can this year so Oncilla / Jaguarundi / Malayans were needed to keep us on track. I was having loads of fun with Sahaja - she pouncing about and ended up hunting me :)

Thanks Nick - we are on a bit of a mission to see as many cats as we can this year so Oncilla / Jaguarundi / Malayans were needed to keep us on track. I was having loads of fun with Sahaja - she pouncing about and ended up hunting me :)
She came at me briefly this Sunday, just like in your photo, but was more interested in the Reindeer really. Apparently the previous female at RSCC was killed by the Tiger she was later introduced to in Germany and this is why they are being really cautious at Hamerton :(

Great set as usual, Fi, but oh my that Malayan tiger is stunning, what a beauty!

Nice set Fi, you caught the white tiger well, but I much prefer the Malayan, lovely capture :)

Thanks Ingrid - we saw the pair at rare species too. I don't think it was the same female at the time but I could be wrong. I think they are gorgeous - and the male at Hamerton is HUGE compared to the female.

Just had a look at my pictures Fi and it definitely isn't the same one, slightly different face markings, same intense stare though :runaway:

Back