Hang Time

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Today in Mounts Bay the swell was up, the wind was blowing, the light was rubbish but these guys seemed to be enjoying themselves...

... hardest job for me was deciding which shots to pick from so many.

This is a lot more to be pull out of the
recorded data in all of these in PP.

As above, good captures, but a bit dull. PP could make these much more interesting.

This is a lot more to be pull out of the recorded data in all of these in PP.
As above, good captures, but a bit dull. PP could make these much more interesting.

Thanks for the CC. I agree they are 'dull', but it was a VERY dull day.

Sports photography is not 'my thing', but when the opportunity arises for to capture some then it would be great to be able to do a better job. Here today, it really was grey and dull and try to get anything but blurry silhouettes when effectively shooting into the light, I found tricky enough.

I would love to have gotten more out of them, but anything I tried just made them look 'wrong'. I'm always looking to learn and expand on my PP, if you want to have a stab to give me an idea then I've attached a few of the raw files. Please feel free providing you tell me what you did, of course, when you see the originals, you may decide they're pretty poor to start with!

Dropbox Linky

Thanks

Chris

A good set of images there, very dynamic and action orientated.
Personally I'd be a little wary of introducing false lighting or colours by pp tinkering too much.
If it's a dull flat day with poor lighting, why alter or attempt to make it into something which it wasn't?

Back