Hanging basket of flowers

What a fantastic, punchy display of colour.
That's brightened a dull, Lincolnshire morning up a lot.
Did you concentrate purely on recording the colour - in which case it's a stunner, or do you perhaps have one of the hanging basket slightly wider, with a little more space at the edges?

Hi Paul.
Its a lovely capture but its a bit too erm, in ya face, too punchy, Maybe in lightroom, bring down the blacks about half way and if need to, bring up the whites a tad and lower the highlights as well.
That may help the shot imo.

Hi Paul.
Its a lovely capture but its a bit too erm, in ya face, too punchy, Maybe in lightroom, bring down the blacks about half way and if need to, bring up the whites a tad and lower the highlights as well.
That may help the shot imo.

Well, it was a tiny bit dull out, so I thought I’d give it a bit of hdr treatment in PS. I don’t often venture into hdr as it’s too easily sent ott. I thought I tried to keep it realistic but I guess not.

What a fantastic, punchy display of colour.
That's brightened a dull, Lincolnshire morning up a lot.
Did you concentrate purely on recording the colour - in which case it's a stunner, or do you perhaps have one of the hanging basket slightly wider, with a little more space at the edges?

Yup, purely a “let’s get the colour before the rain possibly sends it into the toilet” kind of shot. I had a 105 on the camera and was backed up as far as I could go without falling off the deck. I know the sides are a bit squished, there’s not a lot cut off though. My thoughts were vertical as a horizontal shot cut off the hook and then it just looked all wrong.

Have you got an Acer in full seed behind that basket?

Hell of a basket btw. :)

Thank you! Not sure what an Acer is, though. The tree behind the flower basket is a Japanese maple.

Hiya, yep, that's an Acer.
Looks like a belter too.
Worth gathering those seed heads when they're ready!

Back