happisburgh long exposure

Don't think there's anything that I would change either. I like the colours as they are (especially the warm tones in the foreground sand) and wouldn't convert to mono

Great photo :)

Agree with the 1st part, but mono processing will destroy the subtle, delicate range of warm and cool tones
Not saying a Mono would be better, but it's got the right textures in the sky to make a nice mono also. FWIW I'd keep it as a colour if it was mine.

Thanks all, was well worth the trip. Next time will venture earlier and try and capture the sunrise. Neil hope u enjoy your day and have as nice weather as I got. Jake took plenty with quite a few mono shots, but I here what your saying with textures in the sky. It would be a crime to lose the colour after I waited so long for it!

Hoping for nice weather too - been lacking the last few weeks, very bloody disappointing!!

Thanks ynot, quite chuffed I've produced something worthwhile after some time of struggling to enjoy photography. Makes it all worthwhile, cheers

You have struggled? Struggle no more!

This does also work in B/W but I too like the subtle colour rendering.

Was very interesting to look at it in DX0 Film Pack 5 variants and also in Nik / Google add ons.

Keep up the good works and enjoy!

Lovely composition and colours Paul.

I agree with @JakeT1992 that this would work well in black and white and importantly it would be a different shot not just a "simple" conversion!

Back