Happy accidents? Or bin 'em?

sunnyside_up

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Bethy
Edit My Images
No
Just trawling through all the images from the weekend and came across these... lights failing and caught off guard. Would you keep them? I have to admit, I like the 'giggly' shot, but I'm in two minds about the other.

Love to know your thoughts.

Thanks for looking!

Happy Accidents by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

Happy Accidents by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

That second one is an absolute beauty Bethy,
It has a look of the photographer Andy Gotts work which I do admire.
Definitely keepers Bethy.

Not a great fan of the 1st one but still wouldn't bin it :)

The 2nd is excellent and should be printed and displayed. :clap:

Wish I had accidents like that:)
Second one is really good in my opinion - very natural and unposed.

These are "Excellent" Bethy, not really much more I can to add to that.(y)

George.

Thanks everyone for your comments...I'm too close to the shots, fab to hear other peoples opinions with fresh eyes.

Thank you!

B

When you are in a position of luxury to have so many good shots like you are, Bethy, it's very hard to choose what to keep and what to bin. These are lovely in their own right, but are very different in feel to the set you posted from the weekend. If I had to choose, I think the 2nd is the stronger of the two in this post.

I prefer the second photo but I would certainly not bin them.

Just seen this, missed it the first time around.

If you're binning them send them to me :)

Unlike some of the others here I like both, equally. I. think they are cracking shots

Not keen on the position of the watermark is my only quibble, but understandable.
So, the other pics aren't as bad?

Ended up binning the first one in the end... kept the 'giggle' one. :)

Yea, the watermark, in this instance, I believe someone already mentioned about it looking like she's sneezing it out. Which I agree with lol. It will be re-located for final viewing. :)

Cheers everyone.

Yea, the watermark, in this instance, I believe someone already mentioned about it looking like she's sneezing it out. Which I agree with lol. It will be re-located for final viewing. :)

But move your logo so it doesn't look like the poor girl has just sneezed it out :) ?

Oh yea, it was you! :p

actually.....this is going to cause problems..
I like both
No1 has great lighting and a slight sense of mystery
No2 is great, but no eyes open and facing down

Back