Wild Hares by the Dozen

Make the most of it. You know what they say: hare today and gone tomorrow... :exit:

Great capture they seem to be declining but that's put a smile on my face

You're so lucky. I'm in Lincolnshire and I see a few hares regularly, maybe three together at most. You saw something that's becoming increasingly rare as the advance of RHVD2 spreads through the rabbit and hare population wiping whole areas clear of these wonderful creatures.

You're so lucky. I'm in Lincolnshire and I see a few hares regularly, maybe three together at most. You saw something that's becoming increasingly rare as the advance of RHVD2 spreads through the rabbit and hare population wiping whole areas clear of these wonderful creatures.

Dee, are you actually seeing this as in first hand,tis a huge huge worry !!

Paul, utterly fabulous to see properly heart warming. Cheers so much for sharing We have never seen quite this many maybe 10?? What must is have been like once!!!!

It appear to me that now a days hares are spread about numbers declining. But there are pockets that are sustaining dense populations. some very dense............................ for what ever reason they are still abundant. I have my theories as to why..... but for another day.

Anyway my point is simply that if this ruddy virus gets into the dense areas ,the damage to our overal population could be catastophic. My theories guys no science. I feel these dense areas supply the surroundings they are so SO important.

Paul sorry mate, bit of a derail. Hmmm maybe not really: because what you have shown us is so rarely seen now it's always going to provoke thought with us having already lost so many of their number.

Truly lovely to see this many together Paul. I like the plano is the crop just top and bottom at 600mm??

cheers

stu

Back