Harry Potter World - Photography

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I am off to Harry Potter World tomorrow for my daughter birthday, she is HP mad...is it worth taking my camera, if so...i am not sure what to take...25-105L or my 70-200 2.8, it will be on a 5D3 ???

anyone been and offer some advice please !!!

Cheers

Harry Potter world is very tolerant of photographers, but you probably won't need the 70-200. Most of the things to photograph are sets and such like, and the 24-105 will be fine.

Cheers Stewart...not sure if I should just take my phone for pics or will it be worth while taking ?

Well, it's nearly all indoors and the lighting can be "moody", so I think there are definite benefits to a DSLR over a phone cam. When I went I had my trusty 40D and the 15-85 zoom and I certainly didn't feel over-equipped. I think 5D plus 24-105 would be great.

Nice one...might post some up if I get any good moody shots [emoji106]

I was happy with just phone pics when we were there. I am not a Potter fan but absolutely loved it.

Have just arrived...will let you know if it's worth it [emoji106]

Hmmm...just got back, now bearing in mind, I took my 3 kids who are all Harry Potter mad and it costs a fortune to get in...the biggest shock was the gift shop as stated...3 wands and various other gifts later and I am some what lighter in the bank balance department [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

Does anyone realistically expect the gift shops to be anything other than ridiculous?

Imagine what it did for the 6th form common room at Cheltenham LC!!!

Hmmm...just got back, now bearing in mind, I took my 3 kids who are all Harry Potter mad and it costs a fortune to get in...the biggest shock was the gift shop as stated...3 wands and various other gifts later and I am some what lighter in the bank balance department [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

Did you do the whole green screen experience?

We spent more than twice the entry fee in the gift shop. Clever planning to put it at the end, and you have to walk through it [emoji15]

Yes, did the green screen and purchased the photos along with a load of stuff at the gift shop :(

No...gutted we missed it and yes...£150 is easy to do in the shop with 3 kids

We ended up with the full set of green screens on flash pens, CD's, photos and over £150 in the gift shop. I think they make more on the merchandise than the entry tickets. Was the enchanted forest open?
They didn't see you coming, they sent for you!

Back