Hartland Quay

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Had a free afternoon on Saturday, and with a forecast of sunny spells and light cloud I thought I'd head down to North Devon.
It became clear on arrive that the light cloud was so light it was invisible, which was a shame, but just meant I had to compose the shots a bit differently.
Also took a 'micro' landscape of some interesting rock detail. Be interested to see what you think.
Comments welcomed.

1. The best of the sunset

2. The haze came in and took out the light

3. Rock Detail

That's different Jake! You get about a bit! (personally I think you have a helicopter in the back garden)
No1 I like this one, best of the pick! There's a great lead in created by the rock pools and the jagged rocks. Love the light hitting the LH bank of rock... then there's all the little highlights where the sun is picking up on other rocks. Also a couple of small pools of golden light in the rock pools on the right. Topped off with a nice sunburst (I'm a sucker for them) through those jagged distant rocks could almost be a moonscape. works well for me.

No2 is a little colder, and although it has picked up a little of the sky in the pools probably not enough, think it needs a bit more interest like the waves crashing in over the rocks.

No3 Nice textures and veins running through the rock, a bit arty farty for me ;):D

BTW Jake came past Silbury Hill Sunday.... Tried to see if the Oxeye daisys were out but couldn't stop... Looks like there is a similar format to last year with potentially a field full of Oxeye's then behind a Rape field, then the hill. The Oxeye daises are out in the hedgerows and not sure how long the Rape will stay in flower (Depends when they planted early or late). Might be worth swinging by if your in the area.

They are very nice and also very different to how I remember this place. I guess it was low tide on very calm evening, while I saw it like swelling stormy sea hell or a real shipwreckers paradise (isn't that also the name of the pub right behind?)

They are very nice and also very different to how I remember this place. I guess it was low tide on very calm evening, while I saw it like swelling stormy sea hell or a real shipwreckers paradise (isn't that also the name of the pub right behind?)
Thank you! It was pretty calm, and a couple of hours before low tide. No real wind to speak of.
I'm not sure if it's the pub name, but I wouldn't be surprised!

Back