Hartland Quay

It was two hours well spent, I see - all excellent shots.

Dave

Three “Cracking” shots, nuff said.

George.

Really like these Danny- great stuff.

Just a suggestion to check the horizons, they look a little lower on the left to me on Flickr.

The third is wonderful, the foreground is ace, well done for spotting it. I like all three of them. I’ve been to Harland under totally different blue-sky conditions and didn’t even take the camera out. Maybe a return would be wise. I can’t see a wonky horizon to be honest. Well done.

I love all 3 and my fave is No1 just to rock the trend :) may I asked where you parked? I'd like to go there next weekend I'm only in Taunton about 1hr.30mins drive

Les :)

Great shots ,one of my favorite places on the planet ! I spent a lot of my childhood in North Devon having relatives down there.

It was two hours well spent, I see - all excellent shots.
Thank you very much :) The two hour drive back was hard work in the rain on those roads !
Dave
Excellent photography
Thank you
Fantastic
Three “Cracking” shots, nuff said.
George.
Thanks George :)
Very nice photography.
Thank you :)
Really like all three of those Danny. The third knocks the two others out of the park though. Cracking picture.
Cheers Scott :)
The third is wonderful, the foreground is ace, well done for spotting it. I like all three of them. I’ve been to Harland under totally different blue-sky conditions and didn’t even take the camera out. Maybe a return would be wise. I can’t see a wonky horizon to be honest. Well done.
Thank you very much, i would love to go back to this place, looking like it will be during the winter months i think :)
Scott is right - the third is special. That foreground pool gives it something more than just rocks-and-tide pictures.
Thank you John, i have a few of this pool with water rushing into it as well but i really liked that clarity of it as it stood still for a brief moment.
Cracking set mate :)
Thanks buddy :)
yes. no 3 for me too
Chipper thank you very much :)
I love all 3 and my fave is No1 just to rock the trend :) may I asked where you parked? I'd like to go there next weekend I'm only in Taunton about 1hr.30mins drive

Hi Les you can park right next to the Hartland Quay hotel there is a £2 fee but after 5pm i think you can get in without paying, EX39 6DU
Great shots ,one of my favorite places on the planet ! I spent a lot of my childhood in North Devon having relatives down there.
It's certainly made it to the top 5 locations on my list, its jaw dropping from the moment you drive down the hill.
Last one has it for me. Good work
Thanks dude :)

Time well spent, very good shots of a fantastic location. The first captures the character of the place the best for me.

may I asked where you parked? I'd like to go there next weekend I'm only in Taunton about 1hr.30mins drive

There is a carpark there but it is not that big and can get full pretty early at this time of year.

Thanks Danny . I may pop over next week early doors :)

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Time well spent, very good shots of a fantastic location. The first captures the character of the place the best for me.

There is a carpark there but it is not that big and can get full pretty early at this time of year.
There is a small car park at the bottom near "the Wreckers", but if that is full you can park a bit higher up and walk down about 1/4 mile.

I like these very very much. I’m in south Devon and have wanted to head up there for a while now - particularly Blackchurch Rock. These make me want to go even more now!

Excellent shots, loving them. This place is great, been a few times now, going again late August. Park up by pub then head towards Speke Mill about 2 miles. Just by the waterfall drop down to the surfing beach. Wonderful beach full of photo opportunities and I can guarantee there won’t be more than a couple of people on the whole beach.

If your down there Aug bank hol weekend and you see a guy with a Nikon and tripod getting his feet wet, come and have a chinwag. On a serious note I can recommend a quality B and B in the hamlet of Stoke, about a mile from hartland quay. Clouds B and B, Paul and Claire great hosts.

Back