Harvest mouse on bulrushes. New pic added

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
A little project I'm doing. After some considerable pre-planning. Not least getting the missus to agree to me having 3 harvest mice in our living room, in a set up that is stimulating for them, as opposed to being stuck out in the shed. Then 4 weeks of them settling in, and planning I have some shots to share.

Taken with the PentaxK-1 and Tamron 70-200, and a bit of fill flash. Hope you like them.

Harvest mouse on Bulrushes 1 of 4 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr

Harvest mouse on Bulrushes 2 of 4 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr

Harvest mouse on Bulrushes 3 of 4 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr

Harvest mouse on Bulrushes 4 of 4 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr

I like these, though #3 looks a tad under-exposed ... #2 reminds me of a Koala pose :)
I like the last two on the reed head most.

Very sweet takes Alan but Roger is right,
you should do DRL settings on these.

Harvest%20mouse%20pp.jpg

Probably too excited

…would have been too, great shots!

DRL = Dynamic Range Levels = black and white points setting. ;)

Lovely set, lovely to see, thanks :)

A little project I'm doing. After some considerable pre-planning. Not least getting the missus to agree to me having 3 harvest mice in our living room, in a set up that is stimulating for them, as opposed to being stuck out in the shed. Then 4 weeks of them settling in, and planning I have some shots to share.

Taken with the PentaxK-1 and Tamron 70-200, and a bit of fill flash. Hope you like them.

Harvest mouse on Bulrushes 1 of 4 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr

Harvest mouse on Bulrushes 2 of 4 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr

Harvest mouse on Bulrushes 3 of 4 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr

Harvest mouse on Bulrushes 4 of 4 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr
How lovely, I can just hear your wife saying,'of course I don't mind you bringing mice in the house' what happens to them now. By the way your photos are great.

Well I think they are great - I really like the pose in #2 with the tail curling round.

Hi Alan,

the first 4 are a great start and good poses. #1 makes me laugh, like it's on stilts or something!

That latest one though, that's excellent. I think I can even see you in the eye reflection :wave:

Thanks for sharing,

Gary

I've always liked your images, these are no exception.

Back