NSFW Have we lost our humanity towards the poor

Not now more than ever before I'd say.

That video was tounge in cheek, a satire on how we still run our western world.
We care, its our finantializaion monster that controls the world that doesn't give a damn, and that monster is what he's refering too .

From all I can see right now the world changing for the better since the monster hasn't been able to get up on all four legs yet.... comunication and access to all knowledge means we are becoming one world where no banking BS secret can remain hidden....New digital currences are more real than our cash and accounts, stockmarkets are coming down, the world is awaire of a new and better way!

"A Guy Hung An Offensive Sign Around His Neck To Make A Solid Point. And … It Worked"....

Well, it sort of worked. People were, not surprisingly, offended. Plus he wasn't asking for money with the first "message".

Just strikes me as a bit of purile, third rate advertising from one of the world's biggest advertising agencies - you can almost picture the initial creative meeting. I suppose it made me look at the charity responsible but I think I'd rather give my help to an organisation that spends it's donations a bit more wisely.

New digital currences are more real than our cash and accounts, stockmarkets are coming down, the world is awaire of a new and better way!

What? :thinking:

Thanks. :D
well something along the lines of ...

Banking support amounts to more than £1 trillion so far, equivalent to 85 per cent of GDP – the highest level ever by far and everyone knows this stuff aint right no more.
Main 6 banks now borrow more than they lend. Net lending is negative, that means if we all paid back our loans they would have near zero value in their vaults. Its no longer real money its just numbers based on a huge debt value, wtf, digi coins are in many ways more stable.
Financialization has reached its peak and the usual gambling/trading has faltered to near still, while competition for alternate contemporary solution exchanges is growing in favour and use.

Humanity has become awake and empowered right now for me... thanks to the 08 crash as it seems to be turning out.

Last edited:
No I don't think that we have lot our humanity what we may we have lost or certainly lessened is our tolerance of those not willing to also try and help themselves out of their situation...

Not sure about Adam' figure above but the NAO puts the total tax payer support of the banks at £141bn so no where near that trillion figure

Last edited:
I find the term "humanity" a bit of an oxymoron, as of all the species on this planet humans are the most cruel of all.

Other species will kill, ignore the injured or disabled, leave others to starve and even kill the young but they always do so for a good reason, we just do it for fun.

No I don't think that we have lot our humanity what we may we have lost or certainly lessened is our tolerance of those not willing to also try and help themselves out of their situation...

Not sure about Adam' figure above but the NAO puts the total tax payer support of the banks at £141bn so no where near that trillion figure

We've been fed this idea Matt, like a victim looking for someone to blame we have been told these people are the ones to point at. ...Its not true, not by a million miles just like the false imigration blames.

Im guessing, because you've not written the whole name of the organisation before shortening it to an abreviation for some reason, The National Audit office? ... appart from being written to make everyone think we're in control of our economy... they suggest 1.2 trillion is a peak. (whatever that super short twisted pargraph of the most interesting actual facts means)

Try this article, it explains stuff in words we can all understand I feel. 'Where did our money go?'

I find the term "humanity" a bit of an oxymoron, as of all the species on this planet humans are the most cruel of all.

Other species will kill, ignore the injured or disabled, leave others to starve and even kill the young but they always do so for a good reason, we just do it for fun.

Im gonna try and find the recent evidence which disagrees with our traditional view of ourselves, it suggests that empathy towards others is our strongest emotion, not aggression. ... look at how we treat pets or animal charities, full on support 24/7, way more than we do for ourselves in-fact, go figure init.

Im gonna try and find the recent evidence which disagrees with our traditional view of ourselves, it suggests that empathy towards others is our strongest emotion, not aggression. ... look at how we treat pets or animal charities, full on support 24/7, way more than we do for ourselves in-fact, go figure init.

Four!

We've been fed this idea Matt, like a victim looking for someone to blame we have been told these people are the ones to point at. ...Its not true, not by a million miles just like the false imigration blames.

Im guessing, because you've not written the whole name of the organisation before shortening it to an abreviation for some reason, The National Audit office? ... appart from being written to make everyone think we're in control of our economy... they suggest 1.2 trillion is a peak. (whatever that super short twisted pargraph of the most interesting actual facts means)

Try this article, it explains stuff in words we can all understand I feel. 'Where did our money go?'

Indeed national audit office, but as even their URL is NAO it's a fair abbreviation, personally I'd rather take the figures of the NAO over those of a dated, politically suspect think tank, also looking at said think tanks funding, you'd wonder why the main image on their site is a freebie image, and secondly that funding page backs up why I'd never donate to OXFAM :(

Anyway back to the subject...what is wrong with expecting people to also try and help themselves?

Reactions: BBR
So the figures are the same right. Over one trillion pounds. .... you thoughts are so crazy ilogical to me I worry about you... :facepalm: ;)

Anyway back to the subject...what is wrong with expecting people to also try and help themselves?

Nothing in many ways, and yet in context everything is wrong about that thought and question.
I mean why is it important? What have they done thats so wrong we feel the need to point?

Hey did you know having lots of unemployed saves us money not loses us money...Its because they have no money left to spend on imports, instead of wages, where some money would have left the UKs economy.

One.

Last edited:
People are sh*t - spawned by capitalism; that's our nature

Is it not "normal" to not care about poor and only about yourself? In an animal way, ie the lame, the weak all end up getting left to die in the animal world.

As humans, we have humanity, this is where we make ourselves feel better that we don't do that. We do help other people. The question is how far do we go as individuals? I also wonder how much this has changed over time? Do we as a society (not individually) support others more than at any other point in time? How much support do individuals do?

I think family bonds have weakened with distance, needs, expectations and hopes which means people become a burden on society as a whole not on individual families.

Back