Have you ever been on a TV gameshow / quiz etc?

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Having been laid up with food poisoning, I spent most of the last couple of days watching Challenge TV. Seeing lots of shows like Bullseye, Family Fortunes, The Chase and numerous others, I wondered if anyone knows someone who was on one? With the sheer number of shows, surely someone here must have been on one or know someone who was :)

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Years ago one of my old pals was on Cilla Blacks blind date.
He was choosing so went on a blind date.
Even longer ago, when I was at primary school, one of my friends mum and dad went on Mr & Mrs.

Last edited:

nilagin

Daniel-san
Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Not exactly a game show but a bloke I know from the gym was on Blind Date. It was recorded and should have been shown last year, but was finally broadcast this year.
Back in the early 80's, when I was an apprentice, one of my college maths lecturers was on The Krypton Factor.

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
Not t.v but back in my early teens my school was contracted to the royal opera house Covent gardens to supply child actors , I appeared in Tosca over a few months period ... it was certainly a experience to remember

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Not been on a game show, but I have been on morning tv in Ireland and on Irish radio - the tv spot was a bit like Good morning Britain or whatever, the Irish version - they had done a recording in our home the day before too [about our daughter who has special needs, this was slotted in to the live interview] so we were mic'd up and had make up on for the cameras, the works. Strange experience.

Last edited:

GarethB

Likes to peek
Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Back in the seventies, my brother and I wrote in to 'Jim'll Fix It'!:eek:
Can't remember what we wanted to do....undoubtedly something childish involving custard pies probably....they (the producers?), however, responded with a polite refusal.
I thank my lucky stars it turned out this way....I shudder to think what might have transpired had we been accepted!

On an unrelated subject, I made it onto the local news back in my uni days, and I was also featured on a local current affairs programme about student loans/accomodation and the mass occupations and rent strikes that were going on at the time.
Not my proudest moment, but I certainly had more hair back then!:giggle:

Name
Bat-Frog
Edit My Images
No
Not a game show, but as a kid me and 3 friends were on Saturday Superstore. o_O
We had a great time!

I'd love to do The Chase.

sirch

Official Forum Numpty 2015
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I've worked with a couple of people who have been on game shows and know a few more who have been on documentaties etc. I was nearly on a documentary myself but it never got broadcast.