Have you ever...

Name
Stef
Edit My Images
No
Put sugar on your cheese on toast?

Not lots, just a small dusting while the cheese is still bubbling :banana:

Sure is tasty :D

And the winner of this weeks most random thread is .....

:D

No, but speaking to a colleague at work the other day they used to get sugar sandwiches for lunch when young.....[emoji2]

Last edited:
speaking to a colleague at work the other day they used to get sugar sandwiches for lunch
I remember those, and drippin' & salt sarnies too ( the jelly was the best bit) (y)

In answer to sugar on cheese on toast - no....:thinking:

Used to work with a lad who put condensed milk in his brew...

Don't mind honey and banana on toasted bread...[emoji513]

Used to have pieces (sandwiches) with cheese and jam when younger but on my roasted cheese, it's either pepper, pickle or worcestershire sauce

Saw a thing on fb the other day about banana sandwiches, appears there's a lot dislike it. A food of the gods imo.

It was bread, real butter and sugar if unwell when really young

I have banana, peanut butter and Nutella, for energy...

Of course it's each to their own with food combos, but the OP, to me, sounds as vile as salted caramel. :puke:

I can see me gettin' up about 2am for a wee snack to see me through until breakfast...

Of course it's each to their own with food combos, but the OP, to me, sounds as vile as salted caramel. :puke:
If you've not had a salted galaxy bar, you're so missing out...love salted chocolate

If you've not had a salted galaxy bar, you're so missing out...love salted chocolate
Never tried it, but I guess I'll put it on the "To do list" :)

I have banana, peanut butter and Nutella, for energy...
I've never eaten Nutella either, it reminds me of that cheap what ever it was excuse for chocolate spread many years ago.

All of which brings me to the subject of the deep fried mars bar...don't...it's a deep fried double decker you want to try...more texture

All of which brings me to the subject of the deep fried mars bar...don't...it's a deep fried double decker you want to try...more texture
I've never seen them around here but that's also on the to do list :)

Do you think there'd be a big difference, i'm not totally au fait with demerara/brown
I would suggest that it would caramelise better ( brown) where the white may burn ....
I'm still not damned well trying it though :D

Yep, it's an age thing. :(
I'm not quite there yet, won't be long though, the eyesight has went and one of my nicknames...the camel...(from being out in the cold wind and rain birding with older fellows and being able to hold my water) is about done too, lol

:D

and long may we "remember" to get up :D
Thank goodness for 'the morning memory' ..bit like taking an image ...every so often you get one that lets you know the equipment is working perfectly, the problem is yourself..lol

I'm rather fond of a spreading of orange marmalade on brie sarnies and as a condiment with cheap sausages. Decent sausages are better without but the sharpness of the marmalade cuts through the greasiness of cheap bangers nicely (and renders them edible.)

Knew someone who sliced up Mars Bars to put in their Kids Sandwiches.

Back