Having something of a Jem Southam day

Nice enough shots with the second being my favourite. I googled Jem Southam and yours appear infinitely better than his. I don't get art sometimes as his work looks like he has found the most boring bit of confused woodland and pointed his big camera at it. I must be missing something. I can see why you clicked the shutter, not so sure about his work

Nice enough shots with the second being my favourite. I googled Jem Southam and yours appear infinitely better than his. I don't get art sometimes as his work looks like he has found the most boring bit of confused woodland and pointed his big camera at it. I must be missing something. I can see why you clicked the shutter, not so sure about his work

Thanks, I find some of his photos very moving and some of them I just don't get at all but I think the essence is that of the sublime rather than the beautiful . I think they are probably much better viewed large on a gallery wall.

Thanks for all the likes, I am pleasantly surprised that this type of thing gets more than a second glance on here.

If you are not careful I’ll be doing more :)

I think you can crop the whole top part off number 2 and have quite an interesting arty reflection shot if you wanted

Back