Haweswater Reservoir

It's not a bad scene per se, although the fence on the left does it no favours.
It's a little soft, and there's a lot of noise in the sky especially....a result of trying to enhance those closes I suspect.
I do like the ripples on the water.

I like this image. The colours and overall tone are nice, you have managed to add some foreground interest and although bare it adds to the scene. I also like the reflections which are broken by the silky looking ripples in the water. The sky does look like you have tried to eek to much detail out of it.

I like this image. The colours and overall tone are nice, you have managed to add some foreground interest and although bare it adds to the scene. I also like the reflections which are broken by the silky looking ripples in the water. The sky does look like you have tried to eek to much detail out of it.

Thank you for commenting I have re-visited this picture and carried out a bit of noise reduction on the sky and it looks better.

My first thought was, too heavy on the sky, noise. But I keep looking at it and like it more as it is. Has the look of steel about it -- or something like that! Definitely got something.

Personally, I like it as it is. It's also one of my favourite areas of Lakeland, I walked that entire range 2 weeks ago, took me 12 hrs and I bagged 7 summits. There is a nice little peat hut above you and to the left next time you go, makes for an awesome viewpoint for not much effort. If you want more details, just shout.

Personally, I like it as it is. It's also one of my favourite areas of Lakeland, I walked that entire range 2 weeks ago, took me 12 hrs and I bagged 7 summits. There is a nice little peat hut above you and to the left next time you go, makes for an awesome viewpoint for not much effort. If you want more details, just shout.

Thanks very much. I don't get to go as much as I would like. What I need to do is spend a weekend in the lakes on my own so that I don't have the wife with me looking at the watch. She is fairly patient but doesnt really understand why it takes a while to take a single photo.

Thanks very much. I don't get to go as much as I would like. What I need to do is spend a weekend in the lakes on my own so that I don't have the wife with me looking at the watch. She is fairly patient but doesnt really understand why it takes a while to take a single photo.

Oh god - I feel your pain!
I also fear she wouldnt like the hack up to the location im thinking of... maybe send me a PM in secret one day whens shes out shopping. LOL

Back