Hawk Conservancy Trust

Edit My Images
No
I only live a couple of miles away and am a member. I don't visit as often as I should, but always enjoy myself when I do. As they are a charity, I donate pictures to them from time to time. One of mine adorns their van. When I retire (early I hope), it's somewhere I would like to work at on a voluntary basis

A few portraits.

1. From much earlier this year
A lot to say for herself by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

2.I love the eye lens on this one.
Amazing eye by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

3. Caracara
I'm coming for you by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

4.Evil eye
Bald Eagle by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

Last couple from this set by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

6.Black Kite
Last couple from this set by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

W O W, love those head shots, really sharp and worth the view.

Last one is my pick of the bunch. Is this the one near Andover?

Absolutely gorgeous.
That second shot is simply stunning, great focus at f2.8 on that 300mm.
Did you take any extra with the beak in focus too (not to detract from the eye, but to show an overall headshot?)
Stopping down from f2.8 with adjusting the 1/8000 and/or ISO may have accommodated this.
Down the throat image is awesome too.

Absolutely gorgeous.
That second shot is simply stunning, great focus at f2.8 on that 300mm.
Did you take any extra with the beak in focus too (not to detract from the eye, but to show an overall headshot?)
Stopping down from f2.8 with adjusting the 1/8000 and/or ISO may have accommodated this.
Down the throat image is awesome too.
I have a good few head shots of varying styles. They fly two of these at the end of one of the demonstrations ever day. They let them go from a couple of miles away, let them do their thing for a bit, then back they come. When they are back on the fist they bring one to the front for people to get a close up view. That's my que to nab this sort of image. The backgrounds are nice and clean so a good opportunity. Obviously it's easier on quieter days. You only get a minute or two as the handler starts to tire from holding them after that time. They are heavy after all. Gorgeous birds.

Yes it is. A great place. I remember it when it was a zoo when I was a kid.

They have three flying demonstrations a day and get the birds - vultures especially, very close to you.
Yes i know. The wife bought me a years pass sometime back. Must get back up there, its only ten minutes away.

Back