Hawkstone International MX

Name
Glen
Edit My Images
No
Well got an invite up to Hawkstone Park for my first ever visit and a chance for a change to be a spectator thanks to a friend carrying out the promotional work for the event so thought it would be rude not to take a camera especially as i have not taken any shots of MX for several years and was rather excited about attending this legendary circuit as a guest.

Had a fantastic day and really enjoyed the racing despite the fact we had fog most of the day and to say that it was cold was an understatement in all honesty it was bloody freezing so i abused the coffee in the hospitality tent for the day :)

Anyway enough of my ramblings and time for a selection of pictures from my day and i must admit i may just have to start looking at doing a few more rather than BSB as i had such an enjoyable day.

1/ Fair crowd turned out

2/ Did i mention it was foggy!!!

3/ A few didnt think it was foggy enough so provided a bit more.

4/ Despite the fog several decided it was still safe to fly!!!

5/ As for the Quad starts well those people are just mad.

6/ And still get some fair amount of air.

Part two below ;-)

Reminds of going there with my dad. In the late 1950s. Although the bikes and riders were not as colourful.

Last edited:
7/ These guys still get up a fair pace

8/ And would come in handy for muck spreading on the farm ;-)

9/ Back to the solo's and those nutty start gates.

10/ And got to have a corner shot

11/ Yet again flying without wings.......crazy people!

12/ And last but not least one of the most impresive riders of the day and well worthy of his number 1 plate

Well once again thanks for looking and it was good to blow a few of the cobwebs away in some ways but its also made me question continuing to cover BSB as accredited media this year as that now seems rather boring to this.

See ya soon :)

Nice set Glen looked at the others on Freezeframe some cracking shots there mate were these from the public areas ? as I was thinking of visiting Hawkstone make a change from CH.

Cheers bud and yes these were public side mate as wasn't working for a change but did help my friend who was one of the organizers out with a few pics for the Hawkstone FB page and a few race reports,my first ever visit and its a lovely track.Going to be doing a few more this year as giving up BSB although i will still be covering one or two this season before i stop completely as there is no money to be made any more.

nice shots, seen a lot of pics coming from Hawestone and the weather looked pretty bad. I must get there one year and have a busemans holiday. Good to see more MX on the forum too

Cheers Suggs and in MX1 you couldnt see down from the top of the hill as the fog was that bad.Was invited up as a guest but temptation was to much for me to leave the camera at home as my photography started with MX and Freestyle meetings long ago :)

Back