Hawkstone International MX

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Early start to the motorsport year for me with a trip to Hawkstone Park for some motocross action and a chance to try out a newly acquired Sigma Lens.
A great event with top class riders on a quality track, helped even more with some decent weather.

Any feedback appreciated!

MX1 Shaun Simpson #24 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

MX1 Arminas Jasikonis #27 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

MX1 John Adamson #49 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

MXY2 Open Dominic Lancett #90 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

MX2 Tom Vialle #28 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

Hawkstone Park MX by Ben Huish, on Flickr

Nice set I particularly like #27 because of the way you have framed it and given the picture context with the crown. Perhaps a bit of panning and a slower shutter speed might give a sense of speed in a couple of shots.
Ps I am no expert and this is just my opinion.

Great set. 2 and 5 are my favourites. Always wonder about shutter speed with MX shots. I guess slower speeds are less effective compared to shooting cars on the track due to the irregular movement. The dirt helps with the impression of movement.

Really like these, especially #2 and and #4. Were these taken with the latest version of the Sigma 120-300mm lens?

Nice set I particularly like #27 because of the way you have framed it and given the picture context with the crown.
Great set. 2 and 5 are my favourites.
Really like these, especially #2 and and #4.
Thanks everyone, glad you all like 2 as it tested my patience a bit getting a rider in the frame where i wanted them, thankfully had one nice shot which was pretty spot on!

Perhaps a bit of panning and a slower shutter speed might give a sense of speed in a couple of shots.
Ps I am no expert and this is just my opinion.
I guess slower speeds are less effective compared to shooting cars on the track due to the irregular movement. The dirt helps with the impression of movement.
Tried playing around with some slow shutter speeds as really like panning shots myself but very difficult to nail anything. Partly because as you say MFlip, irregular movement and there are multiple lines through each corner so very difficult to predict where each rider is going to go unlike circuit racing. Also you are very close to the track at motocross event which means framing anything other than a rider in the centre of a shot can be quite difficult

Were these taken with the latest version of the Sigma 120-300mm lens?
Yep, first real run out with the lens, impressed so far and looking forward to using it at more events throughout the year

Back