Critique Haystacks Mini Hike - Lake District

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all,

Managed to grab a 1/2 day yesterday and head up to Haystacks with 2 friends and a dog. Few images for your perusal and critique ;).
First 2 shot with Fuji XT1 and Samyang 12mm. Third was with the Helios 44-2 58mm F2 lens vintage USSR lens.
Few more on my Flickr.

Honister Bothy - Buttermere Valley
SRB 10 stop ND filter - 3.7s Exposure @F8.
26061413263_7c7e8d0287_b_d.jpg

Ennerdale and Buttermere Valley - From Haystacks
Managed to grab a break in the weather after taking cover from the hailstones!
26572380782_57f06b2011_b_d.jpg

Fleetwith Pike - Shot with the Helios 44-2 58mm USSR Lens
26599815451_db15c23b77_b_d.jpg

Thanks for Looking :)

Last edited:
The first one for me as I feel the light shining on the middle distance really lifts the feel of the photo. The ruin is well palced to add foreground interest, but is the photo maybe leaning slightly to the right? :thinking:

I like your composition, but I think the execution of the shot could be improved if you increased the contrast or detail, as they look a bit flat on my screen.

And fair play for climbing all that way!!!

The first one for me as I feel the light shining on the middle distance really lifts the feel of the photo. The ruin is well palced to add foreground interest, but is the photo maybe leaning slightly to the right? :thinking:

I think you are right about the right hand lean - will update!

I like your composition, but I think the execution of the shot could be improved if you increased the contrast or detail, as they look a bit flat on my screen.
And fair play for climbing all that way!!!

Will have a play now. Ive had a few thoughts on how to improve it.

The contract in yours helps bring out the shadows from the clouds on the left side.
Will be playing with it tonight again. I think I can also add a bit more interest to the bottom level of clouds?

Back