Haystacks (probably not, maybe High Stile and High Crag???) from Honister Slate Mine

Name
Umm......................
Edit My Images
Yes

Haystacks from Honister Slate Mine
by david357 on Talk Photography

Another from our trip to the Lake District. We stayed at Keswick, and I had seen a bothy overlooking Buttermere that I wanted to photograph of, then when we got to the cottage there was a paiting on the wall of it, so I had to try to find it.

First attempt on Friday, a wet morning but the afternoon forecast looked promising so we drove to Honister, with the weather going downhill faster than we were going up, Honister takes no heed of the forecast! A quick coffee in the car before we started, but in the time it takes to drink a coffee the rain was bouncing off the car, so we wimped out!

Second attempt on Saturday morning and the rain was replaced by snow. Half way up the pass the road was too dangerous to drive any further, so we walked the rest of the way to the slate mine, and onwards towards Buttermere.

Unfortunately my dear wife started suffering from the cold about 400 metres from the bothy, so I still have no image, next time hopefully? It certainly was a great walk, and a round trip to Buttermere Lake will be spectacular I'm sure.

Thanks Glyn, well worth the effort and somewhere we will go again in the Spring.

Nice shot David
Haystacks doesnt really appear in shot though it is off to the right of it

Thanks Alf, have I got it wrong, and am I looking at High Crag and High Stile?

Thanks Nick, it was great to be there but too cold for my wife!

Back