HDR first real attempt, not great...forget to turn vr off aswell.

They all look pretty good to me, and if you hadn't mentioned HDR i would not have guessed (which is how it should be, no clown sick HDR here)

The first is my favourite though, the leading lines of the path and the river work great

Not so keen on the last one, not sure the rooftop and chimney in the foreground add much to the image, other than that its just a photo of an empty car park really, but saying that the HDR treatment is still very nice, and certainly not overdone

hey thank you! yeah not into that full on HDR look, just subtle...yeah the last one was me hanging out the skylight lol! I just wanted to capture them wispy clouds :)

For me, less is definitely more where HDR is concerned (and most other PP techniques, too) and you have done very well with these ones. Really like the church.

Dave

I'm hoping for a time when no one mentions HDR. If it is done well (IMO) then it will be hardly noticeable. If it is OTT then it is so obvious, no mention is needed and everyone will be either saying what a great shot it is or being ill in the corner.

hey thank you! yeah not into that full on HDR look, just subtle...yeah the last one was me hanging out the skylight lol! I just wanted to capture them wispy clouds :)

But that is the whole point, HDR should be subtle, it shouldn't be noticeable

Like Tringa pointed out, HDR should not be mentioned, i do a fair few HDR shots myself, and yes i started out with the whole clown sick look as that is what i was seeing people produce when HDR was big a few years back, i soon realised it looked awful and now, when i do use HDR technique i don't mention it at all

The new HDR feature in LR CC is really rather good actually, i use it quite a bit now

yeah your right, maybe I wont mention it in future! (y)...yeah iv used the new feature in lightroom I just find it painfully slow when making edits in the development module. still exploring photomatix at the mo.

Back