HDR pics of my celica

Edit My Images
No
a couple of pics i took of my celica..........

2kq1ag.jpg

ra6lqf.jpg

and 1 normal pic....

xas83t.jpg

The HDR images are foul, in my opinion.
I'm sorry for the strong use of the word, but the colours look gaudy, the tones are flat, and there is awful halo-ing around edges.

The original image, or 'normal' one, looks awesome - well exposed, detail in highlights mid-tones and shadows, sharp, excellent composition.

As far as formal elements go, I can't get past the processing on the first two. They look fantastic as far as shape and line goes but the processing, I'm sorry (y)

Picture 3 is a good pic, nice and clear but the HDR pics look over processed with a lot of haloing.

I only see two pics - and they are anything but 'normal'! Sorry - don't like.

The HDR images are foul, in my opinion.
I'm sorry for the strong use of the word, but the colours look gaudy, the tones are flat, and there is awful halo-ing around edges.

The original image, or 'normal' one, looks awesome - well exposed, detail in highlights mid-tones and shadows, sharp, excellent composition.

As far as formal elements go, I can't get past the processing on the first two. They look fantastic as far as shape and line goes but the processing, I'm sorry (y)

I have to agree with these comments, I'm not the biggest fan of HDR but those really don't look good IMHO
The last one however looks fab (y)

like the last pic

the hdr ones are over cooked but might work better if it was just the car as the background trees in the hdr are just distracting

HDR can do some wonderful things with the right shots, IMHO these are not the right shots. What were you hoping the HDR would do?

MB

tbh i wasn't looking for anything! i was just messing about with different effects! i agree looking at them now i think i could've made them look a bit better. i know HDR isn't for everyone but personally i like these pics...
here is another one which i think looks a lot better than the first two, each to their own and all that!!! :naughty::naughty:

30ae350.jpg

Step away from the HDR! :D

It's easy to get carried away on your first go. The photo originally, pre HDR, is decent though. Needs a fezza :D

Gary.

my eyes, they burn!

last shot is definitely the best of the three, i like HDR but they have been in the oven bit too long (y)

if you had your edit box ticked i'd give the untouched one an edit on PS to make it look HDR-esque without looking like someone has stuck a dodgey PS filter on it

Sorry mate. Nice photos in themselves, but the processing in the first two makes baby Jesus cry :D

Don't worry about it though, learn from it in that you can learn to see how far is too far :)

Back