He Shoots with Nikon

Apparently, Martin Parr mainly has his camera set on 'P', so does that make him likely to be a noob? ;)

Generally if someone knows how to expose and manually focus it means they understand technical side of things. So not a noob.

Looks like he's using S so making use of the chance of a bouquet shot...small dof ...or being sensible wants to freeze motion
Question is..what ISO..can anyone guess?

I was in mexico recently on my honeymoon and one of the nightly entertainments at our venue was a fire show, so i saw this as my opportunity to get some experimental shots (I'm only an amateur). I must have looked an idiot, but it was worth it because although i didn't get anything great, i got some good experience from it.

I must admit though, there are times when I'm out and i do feel a bit of an idiot with my camera, I'm getting better at not caring though!

Do any of you lot ever feel an idiot when out with your camera?

It's a D3300!!!

I dont think he is a pro since usually professional photographers tend to take few shots from different angles and disappear. I find it amazing how little you see then taking pictures and then realise they've taken alot of them.
Personally i usually prevent myself from taking too many pictures just so that i dont get notices by the public.
So 1+ for this chap doing what he loves without caring about others :)

I just smiled at him, as he really seemed to be getting right in and enjoying him self :)

Good for him, he's doing what he loves.

Also, who cares if he shoots a D3300? I've known people with lower end cameras get way better shots than people with expensive gear. It's all about the passion and final shot (and ignoring he is in S mode).

I would be more concerned that he isn't wearing any trousers to a gig...

(and ignoring he is in S mode)

I love S (well T in my case) mode for professional photography :)

It forces the aperture to max, which is what I want most of the time.
Auto-ISO is on,

I can control exposure compensation and shutter speed with the two dials, so I use a shutter speed appropriate for the subject (static or moving) as it can change often.

I love S (well T in my case) mode for professional photography :)

It forces the aperture to max, which is what I want most of the time.
Auto-ISO is on,

I can control exposure compensation and shutter speed with the two dials, so I use a shutter speed appropriate for the subject (static or moving) as it can change often.

Nothing wrong with S mode :)

Lots of people use it.

Back