Midlands Heading to MK this weeking any suggestions?

Name
Karena
Edit My Images
Yes
Taking photo's of Cows and Roundabouts are off the tableo_O

We are heading up to Milton Keynes to visit the Mother-in-Law, as it is her 91st birthday on Friday, bless her cotton socks. We are staying at Lenny Henry's Furzton Lake finest establishment ;). I keep checking under the bed, but I haven't seen him, as yet!! 'Katanga my friend'

I searched Flirkr to see what there is to take photos of and it seems to be a lot of pictures of Bus and Trains...

We are intending to visit Caldecotte Lake with the Windmill Restaurant. My husband did live that way in a former time space continuum. His Mum backs onto the canal, that bit is not great (New Bradwell).

Just wondering, if you lovely people have any other ideas of places to visit. We are heading up Friday afternoon and will hopefully do a sun rise photo over Furzton Lake, but it is cloudy,Saturday Morning and the last few day it has been Misty, now that would be nice. Saturday afternoon it's meant to have some blue stuff in the sky, whatever that is. Heading home Sunday afternoon, after High Tea with Lenny (yeah right!).

Thank you
Karena

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is perhaps a visit to Bletchley and or the National computing centre?

Lol, you will make my husbands day. That was his line of work, lol. He will want to show me around there. Lovely, I will put that on the list.

...it has to be better than IKEA

Oh God, you survive too? Don't be a sheep and follow the arrow's be a rebel and go use the little doors...and get the HELL OUT OF THERE!! It's like Father Ted in the ladies lingerie department, you could be suck in there for weeks!!

Cows and Roundabouts are off the tableo_O

I searched Flirkr and it seems to be a lot of pictures of Bus and Trains...

I found pretty much the same issue with northampton when i was having to work down there a few years back, there is either very little worth photographing in the area or very few photographers that aren't trainspotters. I couldn't decide either way!

I found pretty much the same issue with northampton when i was having to work down there a few years back, there is either very little worth photographing in the area or very few photographers that aren't trainspotters. I couldn't decide either way!

I know, I was amazed. I thought Flickr would of had more!! The pictures on there were more Instagram type, and I know MK as a lot of lakes. But I don't want to just take photo's of lakes.

I know, I was amazed. I thought Flickr would of had more!! The pictures on there were more Instagram type, and I know MK as a lot of lakes. But I don't want to just take photo's of lakes.

i found they were less instagram and more plain rubbish lol. Where i was working was actually quite nice with rolling fields which surprised me at the time but once you go beyond that into the town there really wasn't much to look at

If its a nice day, then Stony Stratford can be nice to walk through (small shops).

For a more rural walk head out north of New Bradwell (the Wolverton end) and into the Ouse Valley park head along the River Great Ouse toward the Canal and there is a lovely viaduct and interesting little tunnel. Take the canal back towards Wolverton and there is a pub before coming back into Wolverton itself - about 3 miles iirc (been a few years since I did the walk).

If you want a longer drive out and day out then there is Woburn Safari park.

Last edited:
If its a nice day, then Stony Stratford can be nice to walk through (small shops).

For a more rural walk head out north of New Bradwell (the Wolverton end) and into the Ouse Valley park head along the River Great Ouse toward the Canal and there is a lovely viaduct and interesting little tunnel. Take the canal back towards Wolverton and there is a pub before coming back into Wolverton itself - about 3 miles iirc (been a few years since I did the walk).

If you want a longer drive out and day out then there is Woburn Safari park.

We took John's mum to Stoney Stratford to see the Christmas Lights, it was beautiful with all the white lights, I took a lovely photo of them together, outside a shop a cobbler I framed. The Viaduct sounds like a good photo option. Thank you.

Some good buildings and "street" in the centre if that's you thing

Some good buildings and "street" in the centre if that's you thing

Looking for landscape as I have just start doing landscapes. But I will have let a picture of the Mobius ban :)

But now you also have to dodge the damned robot drones delivering stuff around CMK :rolleyes:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeXlTnv5MLA

And of course the driver less cars that are being developed and trialled there too, ooops there goes another bollard ;)

You are kidding me!! So not only is it tent city, (Southampton is going this way). I can mug Wall-E, jump into a driverless get away car...brilliant!!

I can mug Wall-E, jump into a driverless get away car...brilliant!!
Indeed! hours of fun mugging Wall-E tends to be Pizza deliveries mainly, as I understand it, though :D

So not only is it tent city
Sadly in some area's the underpasses are becoming such...
Personally I think its a disgrace, considering its supposed to be a center of technological excellence. And a very forward thinking "city" ( although it never attained city status)

But now you also have to dodge the damned robot drones delivering stuff around CMK :rolleyes:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeXlTnv5MLA

And of course the driver less cars that are being developed and trialled there too, ooops there goes another bollard ;)

What's happened to the yoof of today, in my day anything like that would be nicked or wrapped in tinfoil or stood on its lid :D

Indeed! hours of fun mugging Wall-E tends to be Pizza deliveries mainly, as I understand it, though :D

Sadly in some area's the underpasses are becoming such...
Personally I think its a disgrace, considering its supposed to be a center of technological excellence. And a very forward thinking "city" ( although it never attained city status)

At the speed that drone was going, I hope people order their frozen pizza's a week in advance :p.

Yes, it is disgraceful people are living like third world refugees in this country. When we have a benefit system/shelter accommodation, which they can't access due to red tape or they have drug/drink issue:mad:, just help these people, it's a deadly circle.

I do think sometimes walking into work, should I start a blog photographing the rubbish/homeless/rats around Southampton and shame Southampton City Council, would they care, nah. Driving from Dorset to Hampshire the other day, it looked like people used the A road to fly tip their rubbish, great as the holiday season is come up :cool:

What's happened to the yoof of today, in my day anything like that would be nicked or wrapped in tinfoil or stood on its lid :D

They would 'tag' it with a spray can, amateurs. We'd have it on bricks in seconds :jimlad:

At the speed that drone was going, I hope people order their frozen pizza's a week in advance :p.
There is a large Domino's distribution center within a stones throw of where that was taken, so maybe they are also employing psychics now? its on its way, before you have thought about ordering one?

That delivery wagon was going slowly because it's GPS tracking unit is sat in a fag packet with a flat battery.

And it still would be cheaper to pay a teenager a min wage to drive round with a fag hanging out of his mouth to deliver the pizza, than put people out of work. So if you hear of an angry woman kicking the sh1t out of a drone over the weekend...that will be me :bat:

That delivery wagon was going slowly because it's GPS tracking unit is sat in a fag packet with a flat battery.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So if you hear of an angry woman kicking the sh1t out of a drone over the weekend...that will be me :bat:
I avoid CMK like the plague these days, so kick one for me (y)

Thank you for all the suggestions. Here are a few pictures...

Mist over Furzton Lake by Karena Warner, on Flickr

Misty sun rise over Furzton Lake this morning.

Last edited:
That’s because successive councils in Northampton, for at least the last 50 years, systematically demolished anything of architectural, cultural or aesthetic merit. To be honest if they’d stood for election on those promises they would be the most successful local government in history.
At least the city of Milton Keynes has the excuse of only being 40 years old. Nice work Karena considering its not the most ispiring of places.

Last edited:
@Falcon66
Looks like a successful trip, and you found the only blue sky day for the last month or so too (y)

Milton Keynes has the excuse of only being 40 years old.
51 years old.

That’s because successive councils in Northampton, for at least the last 50 years, systematically demolished anything of architectural, cultural or aesthetic merit. To be honest if they’d stood for election on those promises they would be the most successful local government in history.
At least the city of Milton Keynes has the excuse of only being 40 years old. Nice work Karena considering its not the most ispiring of places.

Thank you, I am glad you saw my dilemma. The Viaduct was the hardest, covered in trees and trains going over every few minutes. I couldn't seem to get back further, to do the shot I wanted, as it was fenced off. I took a picture of Tongwell Lake's jetty's but it will take me a while to photoshop the duck cr@p off it.

@Falcon66
Looks like a successful trip, and you found the only blue sky day for the last month or so too (y)

51 years old.

Hey!! Mother-in-Law asked him upstairs for a sunny day for her birthday...and he listened for once :eek:

@Falcon66

51 years old.
Maths, never my strong point, another thing I can blame Northampton for :D

Back