Healing brush not working

Name
Des
Edit My Images
Yes
:bang:Everything else in CS3 seems to work fine (except that i have to untick all the boxes in the brushes tool to get the Clone tool to work?), but no matter what i do ,i can't get the Healing brush tool to work AT ALL !!!

You have to select a source point with the healing brush before it will do anything. Alt-click to select a sample.

I have a similar issue sometimes. The brush works, but you can't actually see the brush on screen, just a default set of crosshairs. Strange. Rebooting does the trick though.

you've either selected a massive brush size or you've got CAPS LOCK ON!

Yes CAPS LOCK sounds the problem to me. (and you dont have to select a source with the ALT key for the healing brush.. .only the clone tool) I think!

Nope. Doesn't matter what size brush I have selected, it won't show up at all. Capslock wasn't on as well as that's what I assumed it would be. Hasn't happened in a while though now that I think about it.

You have to select a source point with the healing brush before it will do anything. Alt-click to select a sample.

Tried that.......still doesn't work though.

"you've either selected a massive brush size or you've got CAPS LOCK ON!"

Nope ! checked Caps lock and i always check brush size......not working, my BRUSH size is 19 the mode is NORMAL, the source is SAMPLED and i'm working on the CURRENT layer.............still not working. Oh! and by the way i have uninstalled and reinstalled TWICE.......still not working !!! i would be most grateful for any other suggestions.

Sorry about the delay in my reply, dog walking. In answer to your questions, NO the spot healing brush doesn't work, YES the Patch tool works and YES the Red Eye tool works, i then reset the Healing brush to presets to default and tested the tool on Current layer, All layers and Current layer and below.....Still not working. PLEASE !!!! believe me this is NO WINDUP.

Sometimes problems like these can be caused by a corrupted prefrence file.
Try deleting the photoshop preference file and see if this cures it.

To do this you need to simultaniously press Ctrl+Shift+Alt just before the splash screen loads but it can be a bit hit or miss so a easier way is to press
the aforementioned keys and start PS up from the quickstart menu of previously used programs.

If done correctly this screen spash should display depending on if it is CS or Elements and stop PS loading untill you press yes or no..press yes and if it was a corrupted prefrence file causing the trouble this will cure it.:)

92919857.jpg

I had the same prob .. but after a reinstall it works! its just a bit annoying but only takes 5mins

A re-install won't clear preferences (strangly enough) but clearing them often does fix odd issues with photoshop.
Can you post a screencap showing the problem, maybe we can spot something from that. Wayne

Back