weekly HeartandSoul 52 in 2019 Challenge Week 115,16,17,18,19,20: Above, Hot,Light,Crowd(ed), Decay, Snappers Choice added

• Thread starter Deleted member 59779
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 59779

Aim Is to actually complete this challenge in 2019 instead of fading into the big black hole. Now what can I bribe myself with as a reward if I complete it.:thinking:
Good luck fellow 52 ears.

Week l 1: NEW

Week1: NEW by Heart&Soul, on Flickr

Not what i originally had in mind but decided to photograph the new lens with the new camera. (think this will give me a few new fans:banana:) naturally it is in black and white as i used a white background. technically i think the white could be improved any hints would be gratefully received. As i went to upload the photo onto my computer I saw my nice new watch sitting on the side so had to then take a photo of it with the new 80mm macro lens. Although I like this shot the whites and shadow leave a lot to be desired... I had taken camera off tripod by then and was not setting it up again. Shot in natural light from a window.

Week 1 : NEW (reserve ) by Heart&Soul, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, I was pondering a picture of my new (to me) 50mm f/2, ah well, beaten to it.
I'm actually going to say I prefer the watch Mandy. because of the rich blue colour, the shallow DoF and actually, I like the shadows, it stops any floaty feel to the shot.
I also like the slight gradient in light across the image.

I'll be a new fan, then. Both images are on theme, although I think I prefer the watch.
I'd be inclined to pull the lens/box to the right to not cut off the shadow. In the watch shot the full shadow is visible and that works better IMO.

Hope you find time to use the new lens!! :exit:

Thankyou for all the feedback. I have to say the watch shot was my favourite but really thought the shadow would have put others off. I’ve since taken a photo of the watch with a different background which I liked on camera but not had chance to put on the computer yet.
The lens will get plenty of use as will the camera now. Great to have the feedback as it helps see your own photos in a different light. I may use the watch photo for another challenge I am doing.

both very nice the lens does work well but i think I would have preferred the watch as your main it does look good

Like this Mandy, nice to see another FUji fan. I am in the process of changing all my Canon gear to Fuji.
Must admit I have the 80mm Macro but haven’t really used it yet. Waiting for the right subject.
Like the idea of a reward for completing the 52 think I will do the same

The watch too as i’m a Fossil enthusiast.

I love the watch one - nice detail and staging to it - bang on theme

Like this Mandy, nice to see another FUji fan. I am in the process of changing all my Canon gear to Fuji.
Must admit I have the 80mm Macro but haven’t really used it yet. Waiting for the right subject.
Like the idea of a reward for completing the 52 think I will do the same
See you have the 80mm lens can you tell me whether yours makes a noise when you move it? Like a clunking sound. Mine does and just wondering whether I need to speak to the shop about it. It is taking photos ok.

See you have the 80mm lens can you tell me whether yours makes a noise when you move it? Like a clunking sound. Mine does and just wondering whether I need to speak to the shop about it. It is taking photos ok.

Hi Mandy, yep mine has the “clunk” sound when not attached to the body. The 80mm has a linear focus mechanism which needs power. When you switch on your camera, power is applied to lens and the focus elements float. Everything’s fine.

Hey Mandy, I thought you said you were going to reward yourself when you finished, not at the start! A new camera and a new Macro lens in the first week? :eek: Can't wait to see what you buy yourself in week 52 :D

Nice to see the new lens but it probably could have been arranged better so that it didn't overlap with the box, or maybe from a lower angle with shallower DOF - much as you have done for the second image, which works really well. The shadow is good, focus spot on and the blue tones of the watch show up well (y)

Hi Mandy, yep mine has the “clunk” sound when not attached to the body. The 80mm has a linear focus mechanism which needs power. When you switch on your camera, power is applied to lens and the focus elements float. Everything’s fine.
Thanks for your reassuring response. I also put it on the Fuji thread on here and others have said the same.

Hey Mandy, I thought you said you were going to reward yourself when you finished, not at the start! A new camera and a new Macro lens in the first week? :eek: Can't wait to see what you buy yourself in week 52 :D

Nice to see the new lens but it probably could have been arranged better so that it didn't overlap with the box, or maybe from a lower angle with shallower DOF - much as you have done for the second image, which works really well. The shadow is good, focus spot on and the blue tones of the watch show up well (y)

Well they have been on the cards for a while now and seeing some of the macro images with the lens just made the decision for me. At the moment I have everything I need ...... the only one Imhave my eye on now is the 100-400 but not sure how much use it would actually get. So I am in no rush. Depends what I decide to photograph this year....

Hi Mandy, I'm sure you will have lots of new fans with the Fuji, seems to be all the rage on here :D It's the watch image for me too. I think maybe a lower angle might have been better for the lens and box. Definitely worth a play with some different angles and positions.:D

Very good idea right on theme. I bet you were hoping the toothbrush wouldn't fall over and smear the background!

Very cool and simple shot - definitely on point for the theme!
I like the simplicity and composition, nice soft, even lighting with just a hint of graduation top left...draws the eye into the image well.
The colours work well too!
(y)

Hi Mandy

I prefer the watch photo, the colour against the white and the great shadows work very well. The lens photo looks like its on ebay, sorry.
wk2 Clean, a nice Clean and Simple image, better on Flickr, again the colour against the white works well. lots of details can be seen.

Pete

Clean. I like the overall cleanliness of the whole image, nice and bright and white background.

Back