weekly HeartandSoul 52 in 2019 Challenge Week 115,16,17,18,19,20: Above, Hot,Light,Crowd(ed), Decay, Snappers Choice added

• Thread starter Deleted member 59779
  • Start date
Good shot for clean plain simple and spot on, like the little shadow. Link does not work.
Thanks Dave. Had a busy week so not going to worry about the link now. Will ensure new theme photo links properly.

Hi Mandy

I prefer the watch photo, the colour against the white and the great shadows work very well. The lens photo looks like its on ebay, sorry.
wk2 Clean, a nice Clean and Simple image, better on Flickr, again the colour against the white works well. lots of details can be seen.

Pete
No apologies needed about the lens image. All comments have been similar and have been taken on board. Glad the detail shows in my clean image as that was the look I wanted.

White backgrounds are a real pain the best thing I have found is to shoot the image outside on a bright but cloudy day to diffuse the sun and slightly overexposing, using flash or artificial light always leaves dark areas, hope that helps in some way

White backgrounds are a real pain the best thing I have found is to shoot the image outside on a bright but cloudy day to diffuse the sun and slightly overexposing, using flash or artificial light always leaves dark areas, hope that helps in some way
Thanks for the info will try to remember this. Our weather does not help...

Week 3: OPEN

I was trying to resist opening these as long as possible but the week has run away with me and not been able to get the photo I wanted. Never mind. Chocolates now got hte lid on and back in the cupboard minus 2

Wk3 OPEN by Heart&Soul, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you know i'm on a diet!!!

Nice simple and effective image. Good detail n the offending chocolates :p

Wow...you only had two and then put the box away. In our house that would have been empty in no time.

Good choice for the theme and nicely taken. I like the choice of surface for the photo as well, think the texture and colour helps with the image.

Wow...you only had two and then put the box away. In our house that would have been empty in no time.

Good choice for the theme and nicely taken. I like the choice of surface for the photo as well, think the texture and colour helps with the image.

I tried to find something similar to the pink in the box. This was the closest I could find in the house.

Great image of a jolly tasty subject!
Good discipline not scoffing the lot too!!
Exposure and composition is spot on, and superb detail through the whole image, with nice colours and contrast.
Love the detail in the surface textures too.
Very nice work Mandy!(y)

Open is right up my street as trying to put some weight on, but I`d need a few boxes. A nice shot and like how the box lid is resting on the opened bit.

Hope you succeed with the weight gain. I’m a little bit the opposite.

Great image of a jolly tasty subject!
Good discipline not scoffing the lot too!!
Exposure and composition is spot on, and superb detail through the whole image, with nice colours and contrast.
Love the detail in the surface textures too.
Very nice work Mandy!(y)

Thankyou

I was thinking of something similar earlier on in the week but I was planning an open box of chocolates with various hands reaching in...

I like your take on the theme and the missing choc adds that little bit extra.

Oh great - now I have to go seek out chocolate!

Ta :banana:

Week 4: Distant Horizons

Lovely views from here. You can see for miles on a good day. Also took a panorama a first for me but not overly happy with it. In the distance you can see the malvern hills and further to the right would be the black mountains and the brecon beacons. Will definitely go back and take a better panorama when Ive practised them a little more. Photo taken yesterday.

Distant Horizons by Heart&Soul, on Flickr

What a beautiful image for distant Mandy, the viewer can clearly see for many miles indeed. With the light dusting of snow would of also made this a great shot for the Cold theme, as it looked like a cold winters day. Great shot and really do like it (y)
Thanks Dave. As soon as I saw this weeks theme early this morning I thought typical as you are right it would have fitted the theme well. Fortunately we had a nice frost last night..... :)

Two lovely images to yet bang up to date, Mandy (y) Distance has a great 'layered' look with the foreground grass and snow, all the way to the buildings in the centre and the low clouds and hills in the far distance. Lovely landscape.

Cold looks just that, and the shallow DOF not only blurs out the background but also highlights the tiny frosty fingers on the plant. Where it's in the plane of focus you can see how sharp that macro lens is and it's worth clicking through to Flickr to see the larger version.

Not living far from the Malverns I can relate to the scene. Be one for a return visit for sure.
Cold is great, I like the composition, dof, colour. Nice

Really like the DOF and detail where the focus points kick in on this, what lens did you use Mandy?

Two splendid images Mandy!

Distant: Tremendous landscape, with super light and a great sky. Beautiful!
Cold: I love this image! It's so subtly and tastefully processed - you've captured the cold feel so well, whilst retaining great colour detail in the plant.
DoF is perfect too, the background is super!
Lovely stuff!(y)

Certainly looks cold to me, nice image :)

Two lovely images to yet bang up to date, Mandy (y) Distance has a great 'layered' look with the foreground grass and snow, all the way to the buildings in the centre and the low clouds and hills in the far distance. Lovely landscape.

Cold looks just that, and the shallow DOF not only blurs out the background but also highlights the tiny frosty fingers on the plant. Where it's in the plane of focus you can see how sharp that macro lens is and it's worth clicking through to Flickr to see the larger version.
Thanks Andrea. Really loving the macro lens.

Not living far from the Malverns I can relate to the scene. Be one for a return visit for sure.
Cold is great, I like the composition, dof, colour. Nice

Thanks Chris

Really like the DOF and detail where the focus points kick in on this, what lens did you use Mandy?
Thanks Chenti.

Two splendid images Mandy!

Distant: Tremendous landscape, with super light and a great sky. Beautiful!
Cold: I love this image! It's so subtly and tastefully processed - you've captured the cold feel so well, whilst retaining great colour detail in the plant.
DoF is perfect too, the background is super!
Lovely stuff!(y)
Thankyou Gareth. It was good to get out for photos for a change.

Certainly looks cold to me, nice image :)
Thank you

two excellent shots for Distant and Cold. Both great captures.

Thank you Bob

Hi Mandy

Open, resistance is futile, nice clean image, lots of details and I will have the dark chocolate one. Nice position of the lid and box.
Distant, lovely clear image, can see for miles. Experiment with different crops, try a letter Box style. I don't think a panorama would suit that location at that focal lenght, I can't see anything of real interest there apart from the clouds.
Cold, A nice image, much better on flickr, looks colder there.

Pete

Really like the distant landscape, good colours.

I like the DOF of the cold image.

That cold image is probably my favourite of the week so far. Looks fantastic. Nice isolated subject, detailed frost on the plant, great use of DoF and the processing works very well. Well worth clicking through to Flickr to view the large image and zoom in (y)

Back