weekly HeartandSoul 52 in 2019 Challenge Week 115,16,17,18,19,20: Above, Hot,Light,Crowd(ed), Decay, Snappers Choice added

• Thread starter Deleted member 59779
  • Start date
Lovely cold shot could do with a bit of a lift but great colour in the BG and some nice detail

Hi Mandy

Open, resistance is futile, nice clean image, lots of details and I will have the dark chocolate one. Nice position of the lid and box.
Distant, lovely clear image, can see for miles. Experiment with different crops, try a letter Box style. I don't think a panorama would suit that location at that focal lenght, I can't see anything of real interest there apart from the clouds.
Cold, A nice image, much better on flickr, looks colder there.

Pete
Too late chocolates have gone! Thankyou for looking and comments, much appreciated.

That cold image is probably my favourite of the week so far. Looks fantastic. Nice isolated subject, detailed frost on the plant, great use of DoF and the processing works very well. Well worth clicking through to Flickr to view the large image and zoom in (y)
Thankyou for your comments.

Lovely cold shot could do with a bit of a lift but great colour in the BG and some nice detail
Thankyou for your comments. Can you define “ lift” for me please and I can maybe see what I can do to improve it.:)

Really like the DOF and detail where the focus points kick in on this, what lens did you use Mandy?
For the landscape photo I used the Fuji 18-55 lens and the Fuji 80 macro lens for the cold photo.

Hi Mandy, Distant is a nice landscape with a moody sky. Cold is cracking shot, lots of detail. As Carl said well worth looking on Flickr and zooming in to see all of the detail you captured. Nice pastel colours, good job!

Hi Mandy.
Distant - Is that s Pano? The shape seems like a normal shot, I'm used to panos being letterbox.
Where did you find that sky? Ours have just been grey!

Cold - love the details, bang on for the theme. I'm wondering if the whites could be brought up a bit? (But that could be my phone screen).

Hi Mandy

Open, resistance is futile, nice clean image, lots of details and I will have the dark chocolate one. Nice position of the lid and box.
Distant, lovely clear image, can see for miles. Experiment with different crops, try a letter Box style. I don't think a panorama would suit that location at that focal lenght, I can't see anything of real interest there apart from the clouds.
Cold, A nice image, much better on flickr, looks colder there.

Pete
thank you for stopping by and looking at my images. The panorama photos I took of the area I did not like as they did not emphasise the distance at all. All good learning though.
I've just edited the cold photo following some friendly advice and will add shortly.

Really like the distant landscape, good colours.

I like the DOF of the cold image.
Thankyou Ian.

really nice pastel type photo with some great detail. does it look cold when i look at it? yes it does. win.
Thank you

That cold image is probably my favourite of the week so far. Looks fantastic. Nice isolated subject, detailed frost on the plant, great use of DoF and the processing works very well. Well worth clicking through to Flickr to view the large image and zoom in (y)
Thankyou for your kind comments.

Hi Mandy.
Distant - Is that s Pano? The shape seems like a normal shot, I'm used to panos being letterbox.
Where did you find that sky? Ours have just been grey!

Cold - love the details, bang on for the theme. I'm wondering if the whites could be brought up a bit? (But that could be my phone screen).
Tim, distance is a normal shot. I tried a couple of panoramics but they did not suit the landscape at all. I know think we have all been suffering from grey drab skies. Was good to get out in the sunshine. Definitely a feel good factor.

Following some friendly advice about my cold photo I've lightened it slightly. Don't think Ive removed details in the ice in focus. Spent a while wondering why the background looked such a different colour even when I mirror imaged the settings of the first photograph :thinking:. Then I remembered I'd added a cool preset in lightroom:banghead: :exit: Still all good learning.

Frozen tendrils by Heart&Soul, on Flickr

I Like this Mandy. I like that some of the tendrils are in focus and others aren't and the frost on them looks great

I like the overall slight darkness to the image, we all know blue means cold, but darkness sums up cold nicely as well i find. I'd prefer more of it in focus.

I like the overall slight darkness to the image, we all know blue means cold, but darkness sums up cold nicely as well i find. I'd prefer more of it in focus.
I agree with you wish I had used a different aperture. by the time I had uploaded photo to computer and viewed them the frost had gone. Each time I look at it I think this and also wished I had taken several shots with a different plane of focus. But that is the inner critic in me.

Hi Mandy

I'm well behind on comments but looking back through your photos I like Distant (for the colour and detail) and Cold (viewing on a phone DOF looks fine) but my favourite is Clean. I love taking this sort of photo and this is well executed: a clean picture of a clean subject.

Look forward to revisiting your thread.

Cold
Very nice, I like the background as well, it adds to the coldness.

Hi Mandy,

I seem to have missed Open - Sorry! I like the shot. Well composed and like the fact that the odd choc is missing ;)
Distant - I love this. It has soooo much clarity from the foreground right to the very far distance. Lovely light and colour too.
Cold - The version that you edited is great. The shallow DoF focusses on the frost and the colours really work to portray Cold. Perfect (y)

For me that image would be a 'keeper' I really like the way the subject and background are very similar in colour and the narrow DoF works for me.

Open - nice layout I am surprised there is only one missing and you were very good to put them away.
Distant - lovely landscape.
Cold - I like that, the lighter version is better, lovely details

Hi Mandy

I'm well behind on comments but looking back through your photos I like Distant (for the colour and detail) and Cold (viewing on a phone DOF looks fine) but my favourite is Clean. I love taking this sort of photo and this is well executed: a clean picture of a clean subject.

Look forward to revisiting your thread.
Perfect for the theme and a very attractive shot too ...really pretty.
Hi Mandy,

I seem to have missed Open - Sorry! I like the shot. Well composed and like the fact that the odd choc is missing ;)
Distant - I love this. It has soooo much clarity from the foreground right to the very far distance. Lovely light and colour too.
Cold - The version that you edited is great. The shallow DoF focusses on the frost and the colours really work to portray Cold. Perfect (y)
For me that image would be a 'keeper' I really like the way the subject and background are very similar in colour and the narrow DoF works for me.
Open - nice layout I am surprised there is only one missing and you were very good to put them away.
Distant - lovely landscape.
Cold - I like that, the lighter version is better, lovely details

Thank you all for taking time to look and comment on my images much appreciated. Good luck with week 6.

Definitely on theme! I wonder if he caught anything.

I thought we'd get a fishing shot - nice one.

Super sharp image, nicely framed and composed.
His expression is great....a slight look of ennui, if I might be so bold!! Perfect for the theme!
Can't get over how sharp this is....the X-T3 and 200mm is a killer combo....and of course the Mandy behind the lens too!;)
Marvellous!(y)

Nice image, I was also thinkning of trying to capture a fisherman but it was just too windy for any to be on the beach here last weekend.

Good shot for the theme I wouldn’t have thought of it at all, he doesn’t look happy

Nice and on theme. He doesn’t look that impressed does he. I am like a few others never saw the point of fishing ? Well captured though Mandy

Definitely on theme! I wonder if he caught anything.
He actually had two fishing rods and kept casting them both into the water.

Super sharp image, nicely framed and composed.
His expression is great....a slight look of ennui, if I might be so bold!! Perfect for the theme!
Can't get over how sharp this is....the X-T3 and 200mm is a killer combo....and of course the Mandy behind the lens too!;)
Marvellous!(y)
Thankyou for your comments. I agree he did look bored and his actions that I observed gave that impression as well.

Nice image, I was also thinkning of trying to capture a fisherman but it was just too windy for any to be on the beach here last weekend.
The idea came to me quite late for this one as I couldn't get the prop for the photo I was originally going to take in time so I've put that on the back burner in case I can use the idea in a future image. I wasn't sure when I went out that I would see anyone fishing. There are about three pontoons here and he was the only person out on this particular day.

I never did see the attraction of fishing as a hobby but it works well for the theme.
Pointlessly waiting around with a stick in your hand...
I've always wondered what people see in the hobby just sitting round waiting to catch a fish and the thought of attaching maggots to the line just makes me cringe. I too can't see the attraction and don't know anybody that does to ask them about it.

Good shot for the theme I wouldn’t have thought of it at all, he doesn’t look happy

Nice and on theme. He doesn’t look that impressed does he. I am like a few others never saw the point of fishing ? Well captured though Mandy
Perfect for the theme, Mandy. His expression and body language show real boredom and the stuff on the bench behind him implies that he's ready for a long wait. Good choice :)

Good idea... The epitome of waiting! I used to go fishing with a mate, got bored after 15 minutes. Well captured.
Liking this image Mandy as he caught you snapping him, a very good image and nice that you got the eye contact too.

Thank you for taking the time to look and comment.

Good spot Mandy. Nice detail and sharp. I bet he's looking over at you as he thinks he's been rumbled for fishing without a licence ;)

Back